Introduction

Welcome to The Vampire's Harvest, a novel where you decide your fate!

This book was originally a script I was writing for a game I was making, but work life and parenting life saw to it that I didn't have time to write, program, and make art to complete a whole game

This book was originally a script I was writing for a game I was making, but work life and parenting life saw to it that I didn't have time to write, program, and make art to complete a whole game.  No point in sitting on the script though!  So, my hope is to convert the script into a novel for you to enjoy here.

Some notes on how this book will work.  At the end of each chapter, you will be given a selection to make on how your story will proceed.  You'll be given a number, like these choices below:

+ Do the thing: 3

+ Definitely do not do the thing: 8

You'll then open up the table of contents and go to the chapter titled with that number

Also, the decision tree for this story is linear.  Once you make a choice, you won't be looping back to get to a different branch of the tree.  this was for my own sanity as I try my first real attempt at a "choose your own ending" book.  So you can know that each ending you find is completely unique to the choices you made.

I tried to make this story as inclusive as possible!  Micah, the main character, should not have any gendered pronouns or descriptors. If you see any, please let me know! Also, depending on your choices, there is a love interest that will appear in the story.  You will have the option to choose a male, female, or non binary lover. The choice you make does not affect the story so you can choose whichever and still get the same ending. That being said, having various identities for the love interest means there are a lot of chapters and I had to do a lot of copying and pasting. I tried to make all the appropriate pronoun corrections, but I might have missed a few. If you see pronouns that do not match the chosen gender identity, please let me know!

Finally, each branch has a successful ending and two unsuccessful endings that are essentially the same (it will make sense as you go through the various branches). If I count each branch as just having two endings (instead of three since the second unsuccessful is for all intents and purposes the same ending) there are over 50 endings to find!

So thanks for clicking and I hope you have fun choosing your fate in The Vampire's Harvest!