CHAPTER 23 'I LOVE YOU' - final chapter

Chapter 23 *Unedited

‘I love you’

*This book will go through editing shortly.

He had cancer. The man I love has cancer. I was going to beg him to take me back, to give me another chance. One chance only, I would live in the background of his life but I just wanted a small part of his life, nothing more. 

Zayn Shah had cancer. 

I heard the door slam open and slam into the sidewall.

“Why the fuck did you come back?” He growled. I sat still shocked. His cussing his rejection nothing affected me. He had tore my world apart.

“Aliyah?” I heard his deep voice rumble through the room. My eyes strained onto his footsteps that approached me.

“What is this?” He growled picking up the fallen file.

“You have cancer,” I whispered. I slowly stood on my weak legs and screamed. My hands found their way into my long brown tangled hair and I pulled harshly. The scream filled the room and Zaisha’s cry echoed in the room. It hurt, my chest hurt, everything hurt.

I slumped down on the floor and cried aloud. 

This was crazy. I was acting crazy. 

“Aliyah,” I heard his whisper float through the room. I felt his arms wrap around me and hold me tightly against his hard body. I could feel the strong contours of his body against mine. But this was nothing, not when he could go. 

I heard Zayn mumble to my mother to take Zaisha away. I sat in his arm, letting the tears run. My arms wrapped around his midsection as I hugged him close. 

Hours went as I sat still in his arms. The day dissolved into night and the house stood silent.

“I love you,” I whispered. I needed to say it. I had let this out; let him know before I loose him.

I felt his arms loosen around me and he took a deep breath.

“Are you ok?” His voice was coarse and foreign. I ignored his question and looked up at his blank icy blue eyes.

“I said I love you Zayn. I love you like mad,” I whispered clutching him tighter to me afraid he would whisk into the air and leave me shivering alone in the cold room.

“Don’t say that. I don’t want to hear that out of pity.”

I pulled away from him and stood up on shaky legs. He rose from the floor and looked at me, confusion lacing his sharp masculine features. I wanted to run my fingers through his stubble. My heart ached at the thought of loosing him. 

If I lost him, I would loose my heart, my being, my life.

He had promised me eternity, so why was he leaving me? That alliance promised Zayn Shah to me for life. How could fate break this alliance? I had signed on that sheet of paper.

An alliance can’t be broken. So why was god taking him away? 

“I love you,” I repeated again. 

“This is your sympathy that’s speaking not you Aliyah,” he whispered keeping his distance.

“Are you crazy? Can you listen to what I’m saying? I’m tired of denying the fact that I had fallen for you long ago. I’m sick of masking that love with hate,” I screamed feeling the frustration running through my veins.