CHAPTER 17 'CHOICES'

CHAPTER 17 *Unedited

‘Choices’

“You know what Zayn. I’m leaving. Do you hear me? I’m going to be the good person in every shit situation like always.” 

“I will stay calm and leave,” I said softly, talking sense into myself before I exploded and killed this man.

As I stood from the bed with stiff movements fuelled with raw anger and took large steps towards the door I felt his hand wrap around my wrist.

I turned harshly scowling down at his hand.

“Why can’t you co-operate Aliyah?”

“Because, I don’t like you,” I bit out watching his sharp features mold into anger and his blue icicle eyes narrow towards me.

“You better get used to sleeping with me in the same room Aliyah and you should start now,” He seethed with anger as his hand left my wrist, which burned with pain.

“You’re a nasty man and… and  I hate you.” I shot at him and sat on the edge of the bed. I felt fear build in me at the thought of sleeping within the same four walls and on the same bed just inches away.

I heard him sigh as he sat on his edge of the bed.

“I just want things to work that’s all,” he whispered. His words pained me, he sounded so vulnerable and innocent.

Before I could respond I heard him cough. His cough was harsher and louder as he covered his mouth and leant back on the wooden headboard of the bed. 

“You have a cold,” I whispered looking at his shuddering form as he reached to the edge and grabbed some pills from a bottle.

I stared at the pills and then at Zayn watching his cough slightly die down as he gulped the tablet and water down quickly.

“It happens sometime,” he said softly

“Don’t worry,” he added.

Jus then the door swung open and Zaisha bolted in clutching her soft pink teddy and smiled at the two of us.

Her brown curls were wild and her smile stretched over her creamy white skin as she rushed over to the bed and jumped into my laugh.

“Are you two having a sleepover?” She asked her gaze switching between Zayn and me.

“No,” Zayn grunted instantly wiping her smile.

I scowled at the man; he had no way with children.

“Yes we are. Actually why don’t you join in? You can sleep in between so the monsters don’t get you. Actually the monster will most likely eat him first,” I laughed at her as she covered her chubby face stifling the laugh.

“I hope he does,” I muttered internally praising myself for the added distance I would create between Zayn and me.

“You know these games your playing Aliyah, are not helping you,” I heard his harsh voice before he switched the side lamp of and Zaisha settled in between the two of us creating a cloak of safety around me.

…….

“Aliyah,” I heard a scream echo through the room and I turned around gasping at the sight.

Laila stood smiling at me with her hands stretched out for me to hug her. Her hair still the same shade of chestnut brown, her dark brown eyes lined with thick arched brows and a large smile plastered on her face.