CHAPTER 12 'HE REGRETS'

CHAPTER 12 *Unedited

‘He Regrets’

*Warning- Language

I sat for what seemed like hours at the foot of the four-poster king sized bed sobbing. My body felt every sob, which racked my body. I wanted to push away the tears and stand up tall and tell him to get the hell out of my life. But I couldn’t because I felt helpless and unwanted.

A soft knock sounded on the tightly shut door and I winced not wanting to face Zaisha or the million of questions buried in her small mind. 

I kept silent and wiped away the tears breathing in lightly. How much longer would I keep the fact that her father’s a monster? The day her mother had died a beast in him had taken over.

“Aliyah?” The door softly opened and Mary’s head popped in. Her white blonde hair was wrapped in a tight bun and she looked at my warily. She took my silence as an answer and pushed the door softly balancing the tray of food in both her hands and stepping into the icy cold room. 

My stomach lurched and turned over at the idea of any food. My hunger had died down along with everything else.

“I brought you some dinner,” She whispered and placed the tray on the bedside table. She looked guilty as she poured piping hot tea in the large red cup, Her eyes wavered between the cup and my hunched over form. 

She knew more than anyone how Zayn and I lived. She understood our relationship was nothing but a piece of paper, a paper I had signed. I had dragged myself here and I was the only one to blame. 

She pushed the cup of warm tea towards me and I shook my head turning to look at the open door. The house was eerily quite.

“Zaisha had dinner and she’s gone to bed,” Mary softly answered the question, which was lingering on my mind.

“Aliyah please eat dear.” She pleaded as she tried pushing the cup towards me.

“I’m not hungry,” My voice was foreign and scratchy from the amount of crying. My throat and nose were clogged up and splotchy.

I sniffed back the tears and rubbed at my swollen eyes once again. No wonder he treated me this way, maybe I deserved this. 

“Your very strong dear,” Her words caught me off guard. No had never sympathized with me. They always left me in my corner to pity myself. 

“One day, one day my dear he will realize what are true gem you are. You know my elders always told me that it takes someone to loose a gem to realize what a diamond they had once possessed but never valued.” She whispered and placed the tea back in the tray and settled down next to me. I stayed silent observing the silent room and relishing on the power of her words. 

“Those people spend to much time collecting rocks when they have a real diamond back at home. He’s spending too much time on Malika, who’s gone and never returning when the real diamond my dear is you. She may have once been the star of his collection of diamond, but now she’s only a rock,” She continued. 

“I may be crossing boundaries but in my heart I feel like you’re just like my daughter, the baby girl I never had. Sir Shah is a troubled soul, he needs time…” 

“5 years,” I cut her off and breathed in a sigh. Half a decade was a long time, a long time to pick yourself up and move on. He didn’t even try until today. 

“True love never dies Aliyah, may it be 5, 10 or even 50 years. It only dies when both the lovers die,” 

Just the type of reassuring words I needed.