CHAPTER 14 'YOU HAD ME AT HELLO'

CHAPTER 14 *Unedited

‘You Had Me At Hello’

First time in so long I slept peacefully. No bad dreams no flashbacks, no tears. I slept like a normal girl for 8 whole hours.

It was blissful.

I ran a hand through the soft clothing hanging in my closet and looked for something perfect to where. I wanted to look good, because I felt good inside. 

“Aliyah, Zaisha’s had her breakfast, do you want me to dress her up?” Mary’s sweet voice floated through the room and I turned around smiling at her. 

“Are you ok?” She looked confused and unsure, twisting her thumbs, her eyes darting around the clean room and then landing on me. 

“I feel great,” I said ending in giggles. I felt like a little child in the midst of a sandy beach with sun beating down and licking a soft scoop of double decked ice-cream.

“Well, that’s great,” She whispered.

I turned around and shuffled through each pair of clothing looking for something particular. I felt her presence at the doorway.

“Is something wrong Mary?” I questioned turning around to face her still form at the door. 

“Zayn called,” She said softly, her soft brown eyes looking up at me in sympathy.

And I care because… 

The man actually opted to call his maid rather than his wife. Now that’s saying something.

“He wants you and Zaisha to fly back to New York… for Malika’s death anniversary, he wants the whole family there,” She said, causing my heart to freeze.

 I didn’t want to go back to New York, I didn’t want to return to my childhood home, face my cheating parents or great father in law who dumped me in this life.

 “I don’t want to go,” I whispered to nothing in particular.

 “The tickets have been booked for tomorrow evening,” She stated from the doorway watching my dazed expression.

It was too soon of Zayn Shah to drop a bomb like that on me. Far too soon. I was in no means ready to face him let along our families back in New York. I wouldn’t be able to cope. I was so used to living in this house and not having to face people or converse with them.

“Are you ok darling?” Mary asked softly as I nodded and turned my back towards her. I didn’t need her sympathy, her worry, or the pity in her eyes, which made me sick to my stomach.

I couldn’t allow this man to ruin my good day again. Even without his presence looming over me he managed to ruin my day. Zayn Shah deserves a bloody award for being plain evil.

“Tell him I can’t come. I’m to ill and can barely get my legs out the bed,” I snapped. I turned around to watch Mary who seemed to understand the meaning and nodded.

I quickly moved around picking out a dark purple dress and black leggings to go with the plum dress. 

I changed and curled my brown strands carefully, applying mascara and pink lip-gloss.

“Zaisha,” I sang out and ran down the stairs quickly walking towards the dining table and shoving some toast into my mouth to silence my grumbling stomach. 

“Momma look,” Zaisha said as she came running down the stairs bouncing around and twirling in her soft purple dress. 

“You look beautiful.” I smiled and picked her ticking her puffy stomach.