CHAPTER 5 'SACRIFICE'

CHAPTER 5 *Unedited

'Sacrifice'

*Warning- Language  

Uncle Shah’s eyes widened at the news. His eyes switched to Tasleem’s mother who continued to sniff back her tears.

“Is this true?” He questioned her mother, who just looked down in shame. She nodded stiffly and attempted to talk him out when I cut her harshly. “What are we going to do?” I asked Uncle Shah.

“What should have been done long ago,” he whispered. “Please leave the room, I have something I would like to discuss with Aliyah alone.” He nodded towards Tasleem’s mother who silently obeyed and walked out.

Uncle Shah walked behind her mother and locked the door, turning towards me.

“I know what I’m going to say will displease you.”

“I’ve been through a lot, I’m sure there’s nothing more than can break me, just let out,” I answered.

Uncle Shah shocked my by gently taking my hand in a fatherly manner, he rubbed my hand smoothly and looked at me.

“Marry my son Aliyah.” He whispered.

My hand dropped from his hand, and stumbled away from the impact of his words. 

“What… what are you saying?” I whispered as I tried supporting my weight. It all weighed down on me.

“Only you can be his wife, only you can support him and be the mother to his child. I’ve watched you all this time Aliyah. I’ve seen the way you behave around Zaisha. You’re her mother.” 

“The day you took her into your arms was the day you agreed to be her mother.” He continued talking.

“No… no… no.” I repeated as approached me once again taking my hand in his.

“You expect me to sacrifice my life, for…”

“For your sister,” He cut in, making my heart constrict.

“Your sister would only want you to replace her in Zayn’s, her child and our lives,” He coaxed me, as my heart disagreed with every word that left his mouth.

“No. stop!” I shouted, as I pushed him away from me.

“I have a life,” I said as tears fell from my eyes.

“I have a life, friends, goals. I can’t do this, I can’t replace my sister,” I screamed as the tears continued to fall, staining my dress. 

“I leave tomorrow,” I stated as I pushed away from him. I wanted to walk away from this. From everything. 

“You can’t walk away. We need you.” Uncle Shah shouted at me. He stood up proudly and walked towards the door.

“I’ll have your family come in. You have an hour to decide. Remember this hour will be your life’s most important hour.” He stated as he closed the door behind my leaving me in a state of shock. I fell to the floor clasping my arms around my legs and rocking myself.

It was a repeat of the day when I had gotton the call that Malika had passed away. My life was bullshit. What had I done to deserve this mess? I screamed into my lap muffling out the sound. 

Why? Why me?

I was aware of the door softly opening. Through the blur of tears I watched Laila, one of my closest family walk in. She gently shut the door behind me and approached my sobbing form.