33

Avery's POV

"That was a crazy adventure!" James screamed.

We were in Ryan's car, driving back home and I was sat at the back between Theo and James. Everyone was coming over, so I was currently sat with Ryan, James, Theo and Jacob in the car. The others took Cameron's car whilst Mason and Chase parted ways with us. I thanked them for saving me and made plans for Brandon to hang out with Annabelle.

"It was pretty crazy going down to the ghettos, I don't know what I would've done if I actually had to use a gun!" Jacob exclaimed from the passenger seat, and I scowled at his smug face which was aimed at my discomfort.

I wanted to sit next to Ryan!

We just confessed our undying love for each other but there's always gotta be a c*ckblock.

Stupid Jacob literally pushed me out of the way as I was going to the passenger side and said he would 'rather die in a hole than sit next to James on another car trip' and thus I'm stuck next to him. And Theo, but he was sleeping on my shoulder so there was no issue with him.

"I'm in the ghettos, RA TA TA TA" James suddenly screamed and I had to hold my ears to stop them from exploding. When he saw no one comment on his meme impression he coughed and continued conversing. "I wish I got to hold a gun!" James frowned. I rolled my eyes and pinched his arm.

"Shut up there's a child sleeping! And you should be grateful you've never held a gun before, at least you don't have the blood of innocent people on your hands" I muttered and made eye contact with Ryan through the mirror, who was looking at me with a thoughtful expression.

The car went silent for a moment until Ryan cleared his throat.

"You saved a little girl from that disgusting man and freed Theo from a future life of crime as well as saving all of us from being murdered by gang members. I would say you're a hero Ave, not a monster" He spoke so quietly, almost like we were having a private conversation in the car.

I gave him a small smile and he returned it.

"Speaking of Theo, what are we gonna do with him?" Jacob asked, turning to look at Theo who was still asleep and snoring quietly. I raised my brows, completely forgetting that Theo was now homeless and had no where to go.

"I'm going to adopt him."

Our heads turned to James in shock and he grinned at us.

"James you can't adopt him you're only 17" I stated and he smiled even more, patting my head like I was a dog.

"Silly Avery, I mean my family will adopt him! My parents would be more than happy, and I've always wanted a little brother. He's soooo cute! I'll train him well." James explained and started listing all the 'tricks' he'll teach Theo.

I narrowed my eyes at him but smiled nonetheless. James would indeed be a great older brother, but I was still worried since James isn't exactly...responsible and Theo seems stupidly innocent for his age...

"Dude, you've got to take this seriously. You can't just adopt any kid and think he'll listen to your every word. He's not a dog!" Jacob replied, looking annoyed that James was so calm about the situation. James pouted at him.

"I have thought this through I swear! We've got enough money and resources for him. He won't need anything and my parents are already working on enrolling him at our school as a transferred freshmen. I'll look after him guys pleaseeeeeee trust me!" He begged and gave me the puppy eyes.

"Ah okay okay! Just don't give me those eyes!" I exclaimed and he grinned at me. "Anyway, I'm sure you're going to be a great brother to him. Thank you for helping him James, I mean it." I said sincerely and kissed his cheek.