18

Heyyy everyone!! Can't believe I actually got this far with the book and I'm so thankful for all the motivation I've had from you guys it really has helped. Anyway, here ya go!!! Enjoy xx

Avery's POV-

I moaned in pain at the sudden pain I felt on my back and realised I was lying down on the hard concrete floor. Huh? I sat up slowly and took in my surroundings, noticing that I'm in a small cell, probably underground, and thankfully still wearing my jeans and top.

I just had to get kidnapped again, didn't I?

I stood up and walked to the edge of the cell to take a better look around and maybe find a way out of this horrible cell. I mean, course I wanna find out why the hell I'm here in the first place, but my priority is finding some food because I am starvvinggggg.

I felt the metal bars to see if any were not as strong as the others and bingo! The two bars on the left were not as strong as the others and wobbled as I pulled against them. Perfect. I rubbed my hands together and swiftly ripped them off without any struggle. Easy as pie.

I stretched my arms and legs before quietly walking out of my cell and towards the door, which was at the end of the row of cells. This place is pretty big. Walking past, I peered in some of the cells to see all sorts of people chained to the walls or bleeding in the corner. Some looked at me with hopeful eyes, but I couldn't risk getting caught so I shook my head at them in apology. I'll get them out later.

"You!! Stop!!" I heard someone shout behind me and turned around to see a buff guy charging at me with a gun in his hand. I quickly ducked when he threw his fist towards my face and kneed him in the jewels, making him groan in pain and fall to his knees. I pressed on his pressure point, knocking him out instantly.

Well, that was pathetic.

I dusted my jeans and cracked my knuckles then walked back to the door. I held the gun that guy I beat up had and braced myself before slowly pushing it open and walking out. I expected to be faced with loads of guards or something but there was literally nothing. Weird.

I crept down the hallway, keeping myself alert the whole time, and noticed that it led to a gigantic kitchen that was just calling my name. Screw this, I reached for the nearest drawer trying to find anything edible when I jumped suddenly at the loud laughter coming from the room next door. I quickly grabbed the nearest food I could find, which happened to be a packet of crisps and began eating casually.

Maybe I should check out where that laughter came from.

Good idea genius! ~ Unconscious Mind.

I rolled my eyes at the comment and walked towards the room with the people in it. I counted to three and kicked the door open as hard as I could and pointed the gun at the first person I saw.

"No one move or I'll shoot." I state with venom in my voice making them all lift their arms up in surrender.

I sharply assessed the room to see that there was only four guys in the room. They were all watching some soccer match and it looked like a chilled gathering. Why the hell was I kidnapped then?!! I noticed that the guy I aimed my gun at was indeed Mason but what drew my attention was the guy next to him who looked oddly like-

"Principle Daniel?!"

"Miss. Quinn!?!?"

"Avery!!"

"Blake??? Chase?!"

I stared at them all with shock and confusion. Lowering my gun, I folded my arms and stared them all down.