11

Avery's POV

I have to tell him I thought as I gave his cheek a quick peck and introduced him to Stacey and Trevor. They both greeted him politely and he said a quick hello to the guys. Ryan was glaring at his hand which is wrapped tightly around my waist. He then shifted his glare to me which slightly confused me but I didn't let it show and instead narrowed my eyes straight back at him. Although it felt like ages, he finally put on his usual mask and looked away and casually walked away as if nothing happened.

I don't think anyone saw what happened between us as both adults were busy chatting to Blake who was winning them over easily. Ugh, kiss ass. The rest of the guys were probably in the living room as I didn't see anyone else in the hall. Probably didn't notice them leaving.

After letting Blake continue his talk for a few minutes I irritatedly grabbed his arm and yanked him out the door without letting him finish his boring conversation with them about bloody politics or whatever.

"Bye guys were going now, don't wanna be late and all" I said with an awful fake cheery voice. I don't actually think Stacey noticed how fake it was but Trevor seemed to catch on as he looked at me oddly.

"Bye sweetie have a great time and be back by 10pm" Stacey said and blew me a kiss. What the hell.

I didn't bother replying and slammed the door then walked to the passenger side of Blake's car where he was patiently waiting while holding the door open for me.

"Why're you in such a rush?" He said confusedly. His face looked so cute at that moment it's a shame I don't actually like the guy. Turns out it was just sexual attraction. Well for me anyway. Oops.

"I'm not. I just hate politics and all that shit" I said to him defensively.

He gave a 'hmm' and shut the door then walked to his side and got in the car.

"Well your parents seem nice". Oh right I haven't really told him much about me. Actually, he doesn't know much except which school I go to and my name.

"They aren't actually my parents. They're family friends that I'm staying with for a while" I said to him calmly.

He seemed shocked a bit but them an understanding look came upon his face.
"Well now I get why you have a British accent" he said with a laugh. Dumbass, what did he think before? That I went to some Fucking English club here in America and that's how I got my accent. How is this guy a businessman?!

"Haha yeahh" I said adding a fake a laugh. "So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise Kitten" he replied with a wink. *cringe*.

Wow I never realised how quick emotions change. I mean it was just yesterday I found his words cute and mushy but now that I realised I like someone else, everything he says or does literally makes me want to gag. How could I like someone?! Me, the messed up bitchy Avery liking a guy seriously!? This place has definitely messed with my head.

"Oh okay" I said to him with little enthusiasm. He seemed to notice my lack of enthusiasm too as he sent a concerning look my way.

"What's wrong Kitten you seem different today? Is everything alright?"

"Um yeah I'm just tired that's all" and it's true. I am tired. Tired of this place.

"You sure?" He pushed again. I swear why does he keep talking?! Let me enjoy the peaceful car for one minute Jesus.

"Yes" I said briefly and kind of sharply. To be honest I didn't mean to act so harsh towards him as he is so sweet. But I ain't a fake girl when it comes to guys.