Nine, Austyn

I ran upstairs and interrupted the book club which was thankfully almost over.

"Cass!" I pulled her from her seat and out of earshot of the rest of the girls. "Go-carts?"

"With you and Romeo?" I shook my head.

"Yup"

"I don't want to be a third wheel on whatever, with you two, and whatever y'all want to categorize this thing as."

"Yes, but what if he has a friend?" This was perfect. I was going to be able to have an obnoxious amount of fun with my best friend and I guy that I couldn't believe kissed me, several times. I wiggled my eyebrows and bit my lip.

"More interested now, is he hot too?"

"I honestly didn't get a great look at him this morning, when he like barged in the hotel room, but he is a cowboy." She raised her eyebrows. I figured if Dane didn't get out much to have fun, we could show him a good time in our big town. A little go-carting, maybe some Sixth Street downtown and the best tacos around. Hopefully make this a night for him to remember more than anything.

"I'm sorry what uh, what exactly were you busy doing?"

"Cass, we had just woken up, kissing a little and when the door flew open I kind of buried my head in his chest while they were talking. Then ran to the bathroom once we got up." She looked at me knowing.

"So, you slept with him?"

"No! Well I mean in the actual meaning of the word yes we slept together on the couch after watching TV and talking all night."

"God you are vanilla. " I rolled my eyes.

"Are you in?"

"Yea, give me 20 to wrap this up." I hugged her and ran back downstairs; he had reset the pool table and was basically playing himself. He looked up at me biting that damn lip ring.

"Everything good?" I smiled at him to answer his question.

"How do you feel about go carts."

"Things that go fast are my forte." I walked over to him biting my cheek to try and stop smiling.

"One condition though." He brushed hair out of my face. Which I was beginning to love and long for very quickly.

"Anything. Well except strip races. I'm sure it's very public there and that would be frowned upon." He said without a hint of a smile, I just shook my head laughing lightly.

"Can you invite your friend Deegan? Cass wants to come with us, well I invited her, she doesn't want to be a third wheel." His thumb on my cheek stopped moving and he smiled slightly, before I watched his tongue jut out and lick his lips quickly. "Sorry, I don't know if that is over stepping or whatever, but I figured if you hadn't gotten out to have much fun, that he probably didn't either, and Cass will show him a good time. I'm sure in more ways than one but I don't want to even think about that at all...ever." I shuddered.

"You are amazing, did you know that?" He kissed me lightly. "I would love to go, and I can call him, do you want me to have him meet us here?" I smiled not breaking eye contact.

"That's fine." He reached down and when his hand came back up his phone was in it, placing it up to his ear right away without even looking at it.

"Go-carts? I'll send you the address." Without looking he sent a text then put his phone back down, I assume back into his pocket. I looked at him confused.

"Partner thing." He smiled, I laughed. Taking his hand in mine he followed me upstairs just as the girls were wrapping up their book club. Jenna walked over to him; I'm sure taking him by surprise. He was in front of me, looked back, smiled, turned around and she was there.