Fortyeight.

I waited a moment listening as he headed up the stairs, when I was sure he was gone I slipped out of my hiding place and headed into the closed door where this girl was now. Pushing the door open I saw her cuffed to the wall in the same way the man had I found here before had been, as I had been when Max brought me back here. 

"Get away from me," she spoke defiantly as I closed the door behind me. 

Stepping towards her I put my right forefinger to my lips telling her to be quiet as I studied her features. She was very beautiful, her blue eyes sparkling in the loud lighting that was in the room, her long brown hair in waves around her frame. "I don't want to hurt you," I said as I stood in front of her. "Who are you?"

"Brit, Brit Reagan."

"Well, Brit," I turned away from her placing my wine on the sideboard before I started to sift through the drawers in the room, "Hopefully we can get you out of these chains."

She sighed, "I wouldn't bother looking in there. The grumpy guy took the keys with him."

I rolled my eyes as I stopped rummaging closing the drawer and looking back at her. "What happened? Why are you here?"

"My father is a very powerful man," she announced almost proudly as she watched me sit up on the sideboard. "I assume as it's not the first time, I am just another pawn in his war."

"And you're okay with that?" I asked her as I leaned my back against the wall picking up the gun that was left on the sideboard next to me my fingers feeling the cold metal of it. 

"I'm used to it," she explained as I looked back up at her. "You, you're Elliott Cole, right?"

I nodded as I placed the gun next to me before I lifted my bottle wine to my lips, "The one and only." I knocked back some more alcohol before putting the wine back next to me. "Not that I am anything special, I guess you feel the same way."

"You're fast," she laughed as she leaned against the wall. "Funny really," she spoke softly as she watched me, "You and me could have probably been really good friends in another life, we have so much in common, too much."

Hopping down from the side I nodded at her, "Maybe it's not too late if we can get you out of here."

She shook her head as I turned and looked at her again, "I don't think getting me out of here is going to be an option, not this time. Funnily enough, I think you'll be getting out of here, but not in the way you think."

"What?"

"I might play dumb but I listen," she told me as she ran her fingers through her hair, the chains on the walls just having enough slack to allow it. "It seems like you have been a very naughty girl." She winked at me, "I wouldn't make any plans if I was you. Tonight was your final test."

My eyes widened as I realised it was a test, my father had left me here to see how I behaved now that Harry was home. I had disappointed him again proving to be a liability and he already knew this. Looking at the brunette in front of me I licked my top lip, "Well," I reached back to my wine and looked at how much was left, a quarter of a bottle before I downed the remains and placed the bottle of the floor next to Brit's feet. "I think I might have failed." My eyes looked at the bottle before I looked back at her eyes, the blue revelling my own, "Good luck, Brit."

She offered me her hand which I took shaking it as she smiled back at me, "Good luck, Elliott."

I walked away from her, she was stronger than me, I was weak and I knew it. Leaving the room she was in I headed along the corridor towards the other end, to the other exit. As I walked I knew that I would never escape this life, this life which was mine to live as I saw fit. I had always done everything to make everyone else happy, if my family couldn't be happy for me then I was just going to leave.