One.

E L L I O T T C O L E

It felt like forever since I opened my eyes, they were heavy as I did. My first instinct was to touch my face, my eyes not even moving from the white ceiling, my fingers touching and feeling, feeling for a change, that a sign that anything was different, that I was almost normal again. My hands felt down both cheeks, comparing in my head, only the right side wasn't smooth like the left, in fact, it wasn't even my cheek, it was heavily bandaged obscuring my hands from it. 

"Nice to see you awake," Liam's voice interrupted me, my body jumping a little before I looked over in his direction on the left. He was sat in a large leather chair that was at the sie of the hospital bed. "If I was you I would leave it alone."

I groaned loudly as I moved my hands away from my face and laid them on my stomach as I laid flat and returned my gaze to the ceiling above me. "Why have you done this for me?" I asked quietly as I twiddled my fingers around my thumbs. 

"Because I see how you look at yourself in the mirror," he told me as I heard him shuffling in his seat. 

Turning my head again to look at him I managed to smile at him no matter how much it hurt my face, "Thank you."

He nodded at me before he stood up, "Niall is just outside. He will accompany you back home in a couple of days." He brushed off his coat before he zipped it half way then placed a baseball cap on his head. "Have a safe journey," he leaned over and kissed my forehead before he left the room. 

I let out a sigh as I looked back at the ceiling, Liam really had done too much for me. 

You see, it's been three years since I was brought to Liam's home, three years since I lost my family, three years since I last saw Harry, three long years. A lot has changed in that time, I have changed in that time. I wish I could say I was still the same person, but well, I'm just not. 

Liam, he'd done too much for me during this time. I thought he was a monster, I wanted to hate him more than anything else but somehow we had made some kind of connection. Weirdly we had many things in common. He was almost like a friend, except he could kill me at any time. I'd survived three years, things were changing now, I could feel it. 

The door swung open before my eyes landed on the Irish lad who was here to protect me, to make sure I made it to my next destination. "I have to say," his accent filled the room as he grabbed the bed remote and pressed buttons which slowly sat me up. "I wish it was me laying in that bed, I could do with a little kip."

"Funnily enough I don't think sleeping on the job is a good idea," I reminded him with a smile. "Last time I was alone in a hospital bed I was kidnapped."

Niall rolled his eyes at me as he leaned back in the large leather chair, "Last time you were in a hospital bed you were alone. I am here this time."

"Quite the comedian aren't you?" I laughed but regretted it as my face started to ache. Touching the bandage that covered my right cheek I stopped moving, "I wish that I could see it right now."

"If you saw it now you'd be disappointed, it won't look how you are picturing it."

Sighing I nodded, "I know, I just hate waiting."

"Anyway," he changed the subject. "Do you notice anything different about me?"

I looked him up and down, same old trainers, same old blue jeans, maybe a semi-clean hoody, it was definitely his hair that he'd done something do. "Had a dye job, have you?" 

He reached his hair with both hands, "Just had them brightened, nothing too drastic."

"You look good," I told him as I repositioned myself in the bed. "Niall, what's going to happen when we get back?"