Fourteen.

Laying on Will's living room floor I stared up at the ceiling as he stood above me with a glass of red wine which he placed next to me. "You could have got yourself killed today."

I shrugged my shoulders as I looked away from him and raised my hands in the air and wiggled my fingers around. "I just need to feel alive," I groaned. "Being cooped up for a few years does that to you."

"Talking of which," Will said piquing my attention. I turned on my side and looked at him as he sat on the floor next to me. "I've heard that Liam is looking for you."

Rolling my eyes I laughed, "That doesn't surprise me."

Will leaned his back against the sofa and crossed his legs. "You can't hide here forever."

I laid back on my back and placed my hands together on my stomach, "I'm not hiding. I can disappear at any time." I looked at Will before I smiled. "You really have helped by letting me stay though," I sat up and turned so my legs were crossed as I sat opposite him, our knees touching. "How would you feel if I was to just leave?"

He winked, "I can't say I would complain, I'd get my bed back."

"You can have your bed back anytime you like," I told him as I raised my eyebrows playfully. 

"Give over," he laughed as he rolled his eyes before he stood up and offered me his hand to get up which I took to help myself up before I picked up the glass of wine. "I do think you need to be more careful out there though. Was your intention to get shot?"

Shaking my head I sighed before I knocked back the glass of wine. "I have no idea what my plan was." I leaned back into the cushions, "I don't know what I'm going to do next either."

Will sat next to me as he reached over and topped up the glass before returning the wine bottle to the floor. "Why didn't you just tell him it was you?"

I sighed as I pulled my feet up and tucked them under my legs, "I don't know. I've changed so much, I barely look like me, I just don't think he'll believe that I am me." I shrugged my shoulders before I took a mouthful of my wine. "The last time he saw me I had long brown hair, an ugly scar on my right cheek and clean skin."

"He would have known in his heart."

"I'm just not ready," I told him as I turned in my seat to face him. "When I was last there he sent me away twice, he kept me away from the world, it's not surprising that I ended up being a target. Now I want to make a name for myself, I want my own name, I don't want to be known as Terry Cole's daughter, I want to be known as Elliott Cole."

Will laughed before he shook his head. 

"What's so funny?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow at him. 

He sighed, "In order for your name to be a little credible you know that you sort of have to be alive. Right now everyone thinks you are dead, it's a little hard to be anyone when you are dead."

Rolling my eyes I leaned my head on the cushion, "I guess so." I drank the rest of the glass I had in my hands before I looked up at Will, "I guess I really didn't think about anything." I closed my eyes as I thought about the dangerous truth, not only was Liam looking for me but my father knew something was up and that his home was being watched. "I've fucked this up, haven't I?"

"Everything is temporary, Elliott."