Chapter 56

Ruqayyah's POV

Six months had passed and a lot happened during that time. My dad is now working with Alex's dad. He is basically the chairman and Mr Turner is the CEO. Turner asked my dad to work in his company because my dad was fired from his old job because of him.

Hafsah (Bianca) left the hospital, Alhamdulilah, and she stopped using the crutches a couple of months ago. Dina got married to Adam. I went to her wedding in December, I couldn't believe the girl I grew up with was already married. Plus, she is now four months pregnant. Ilyass went back to Spain as soon as he finished his degree in Law since he was already engaged to Zeinab. He spoke to her parents and when she woke up from the coma she also agreed that she wanted to get married to him.

Today is the last day of college. I was leaving with Hafsah (Bianca) and Aisha as I invited them to sleepover at my house since we are catching an early flight to Spain tomorrow. Well, I and Aisha are, Hafsah (Bianca) has to stay since she also has to get everything ready for her wedding which will be in two weeks.

Miss Lila and Mrs Fatima were so nice they let us do whatever we wanted. Aisha's class was together with ours because Mrs Fatima was supposed to teach them, but she and Miss Lila decided to join their classes and let us have fun since it was the last day. Miss Lila and Mrs Fatima are literally our friends now. Miss Lila even told us she was dating the headteacher. I knew the headteacher was being way too lenient on her. And Aisha opened her big mouth to tell them that I and Bianca will be getting married during the summer holidays. It was literally so embarassing as everybody suddenly turned to us.

If you asked me one summer ago, what am I going to do for my next summer holidays, I would probably reply with 'sitting on the couch with movies and food'. But one thing I would never say is 'I will probably be getting married'. All of this happened so unexpectedly. I learnt my lesson. Expect the unexpected.

"Aisha, you do realise what you did right?" Bianca says referring to what Aisha did in class.

"I just said the truth sister in law," Aisha responds while typing on her phone.

Lately, she's been spending too much time on her phone.

One day, she was sitting next to us and Hafsah (Bianca) got a peek of her text with some guy. We asked who that was, but she managed to change the subject somehow.

"Are you texting the Dawud guy again?" Hafsah (Bianca) asks.

"So, his name is Dawud?" I ask with a thinking expression.

"I'm texting Youssef," Aisha says.

"There are higher chances for you to be texting the president than Youssef. I know you." Hafsah (Bianca) says making me laugh.

"You are a really nosy sister in law, did you know?" Aisha locks her phone, leaving it aside.

"But why can't you tell us? He's just a friend, isn't he?" Hafsah (Bianca) asks and Aisha nods.

It was a chatty ride until my house. I opened the door for us and we entered to see my mum, Khadija and Dawud. My dad must be at work.

"Assalamu Aleykum," I say along with Hafsah (Bianca) as Aisha seemed too busy having a staring contest with Dawud. He gave her a smile before taking his eyes off her and replying to our greetings.

"Ruqayyah, Dawud came to visit." My mum tells me and I give Dawud a welcoming smile.

"Mum, they are going to sleepover today," I say.

"Welcome again girls. Are you hungry?"

"We ate before coming, but we would accept some snacks while watching the movie." I smile.