Chapter 39

Ruqayyah's POV

Arriving at Thorpe park, we are startled by someone screaming my name from behind us. I turn back to find Aisha.

"Aisha? You didn't tell me you were meeting us here." I say as she walks to us and behind her I notice Alex. He must have drove her here

"Yes, I was meant to go to your house but my brother couldn't take me, so he called Alex to drive me here."

"How did Youssef know we were here?"

"I told him." Bianca answers and I nod.

Aisha goes to Dina and Zeinab to present herself and I notice Ilyass and Alex speaking to each other as if they've known each other for years.

"Do you guys know each other?" Bianca asks, reading my mind.

"Yes, we went to the same school with Youssef but then he moved to Wales," Alex explains. "And I guess you weren't thinking of letting us know you were back." Alex playfully shakes his head in disapproval.

"I lost every contact number and you know I'm not the social media type. I didn't know you knew them lot or else I'd defo ask for your number." He explains and I decide to let them catch up.

I go inside Thorpe park with the girls and soon Zeinab and Aisha had disappeared from us. I realised they really got along from the presentations.

I was with Bianca and Dina walking around and deciding which ride we would go to first.

***

My head was spinning after Dina and Bianca forced me to go on the fastest ride in this theme park. It is so scary while you're on it, but after you're done, you will want to go again. The lines weren't as long since it was night time.

Dina pulls me with her and Bianca so we can go on the Maze train. I heard it was scary, but now that I am on it at this exact moment, it is beyond scary. This is life-threatening. There were people with fake blood on their clothes and makeup on to make themselves look scary. That wasn't what scared me. But the fact that it was dark and whenever the lights turned on, there they were, scaring the crap out of me. Of course they were actors. But it was still the scariest thing. Why did I agree to come here?

When we were finally out, I noticed how hard I pressed my body against Dina's.

"Finally, it's over." I place my hand on my knees as I breath heavily. The girls burst out laughing.

"You should have seen you screaming the first time the lights went on." Dina laughs harder.

"I need a break," I say as I notice a bench not so far from where we were.

"How about we go eat instead?" Bianca suggests.

"Did someone mention food?" We hear a sudden voice behind us and I turn to find Zeinab and Aisha.

"What? We love food!" Aisha adds and now we know why they got along so fast.

"That makes the three of us," Ilyass says all of a sudden and we find him walking to us with Alex.

So I guess food brought us together again.

***

I was sat down on one of the benches as everybody else had gone back to the rides. Well, almost everybody, Alex is now walking to me.

"Tired of the rides?" He asks as he sits next to me.

"Well, more like scared of the rides," I respond, gaining a smile from him.

"You look really beautiful today." He says after hesitating it for a while.

I look at him and his eyes were already on mine, "Are you taking Aisha back?" I decide to change the subject. He nods in response. "Are you okay?" I ask, noticing how he suddenly became quiet.