Chapter 16

Ruqayyah's POV

- So, her name is Jameelah? The girl who went out with Alex yesterday? And she's Bianca's roommate? - I try to process it in my mind all the way back to my dorm.

I helped Youssef take Bianca back home and I stayed with Bianca while Youssef went out to buy her a medicine which is known to reduce the side effects of the drugs. I have no idea what the side effects are but according to Youssef, they aren't pleasant at all. Once he returned we made Bianca take the medicine and then she went back to sleep. That's when her roommate returned and she was the same girl that went out with Alex yesterday and also the one who asked him out today as well. I found out her name is Jameelah, but once again it's like she did not want any conversation with me besides from Hellos and Goodbyes, but it's probably all from my imagination. She must have been worried about Bianca's case.

Aisha is not in the room so I take the time to tidy up the whole room, including her side. I hope she doesn't mind. I try not to change many of her things from where she left them and once I'm done, I take a shower and once dressed, I pray salatul Dhuhr.

I grab my Qur'an and read twenty pages, then went to my memorisation ayahs.
"And [mention] when Abraham said, "My Lord, show me how You give life to the dead." [ Allah ] said, "Have you not believed?" He said, "Yes, but [I ask] only that my heart may be satisfied." [ Allah ] said, "Take four birds and commit them to yourself. Then [after slaughtering them] put on each hill a portion of them; then call them - they will come [flying] to you in haste. And know that Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise."

After I was done memorising ayah 260 which was the last one for today. I put my Qur'an back in its place.

Before I could do anything else I heard a knock on the door. Did Aisha forget her keys? Oh well. I walk to the door and look over the door viewer to see who it is.

Wait, What?!

"Alex?" I question to myself, but I guess I said it too loud.

"Ruqayyah, are you okay?" For some reason that was the first thing he asked me.

"Alex? What are you doing here?"

"Ruqayyah, can you open the door?" He says from the other side of the door,

"Of course not!"
Is that even a question?

"Please, I need to talk to you."

"I don't need to talk to you."

"I just want to see you... No, I need to see you right now. I need to make sure you're okay."

"Well, good news for you, I am okay. Now, you can go!" I state expecting him to leave but he sighs instead.

"I'm not leaving until you open the door."

"I'm not opening the door until you leave."

"Alright, I'll leave..."

"Great!"

"But only if you come out,"

"What? Where?"

"Anywhere, as longs as I'm with you." He replies and I immediately knew I would be falling asleep to the memory of these words of his, like I do every night, since Saturday. He is always the last thought in my mind. "Please..." He adds since I wasn't answering and I notice how his expression was not like it used to be. He needed help.

"What did your dad say?" I ask because I knew it had to do with him.

"I might tell you if you come with me." He states, and usually, he always has a smirk on his face every time he gives me an ultimatum but not today. He was more like begging me to come with him. "Ruqayyah... I need you." He says causing my heart to immediately react to his words.