Chapter 37

Ruqayyah's POV

I wake up at 8am although yesterday we stayed up until Fajr, we prayed and then slept. I don't even know how I managed to wake up this early. Oh yeah, I just remembered: my phone is ringing.

I grab it before it wakes the girls up and I look at it to realise it was Alex.

"Hello?" I respond without trying to hide the fact that I just woke up from sleep.

"Hey, Ruqayyah. I'm sorry to wake you up. I just needed to start off my day with something good and I couldn't stop thinking about you?" He says and if I was fully awake and in a good mood, I would've found it cute, but not now.

"Why are you up so early? Do we have class and nobody told me?" I ask and hear him chuckle on the other side.

"I just wanted to wish you a good morning,"

Wow

"That's it?" I ask and he chuckles once again.

"And hear your beautiful voice." He adds and I wanted to stay annoyed, but I couldn't. He's just too cute.

"Now that you've heard, can I go back to sleep?" I ask even though I almost didn't feel sleepy anymore, but I was willing to try.

"Aren't you gonna wish me a good morning first?"

"Where are you?" I could hear people talking.

"Just got to work."

"This early?"

"Yep."

"Oh, so that means you didn't talk to your dad yet?"

"I didn't have the time. We argued and I knew he wouldn't listen to me."

"What happened? Are you okay?" I sit up on the bed, widely awake.

"Some of the paparazzi at the match published a picture of us with a very interesting caption."

"Of us?"

"Yes, and my dad saw that and you can imagine how he reacted. Either way, I told him that I wouldn't let him choose my friends and the hatred he feels towards Muslims is ridiculous."

"You faced your dad?" I am impressed.

The day his dad came to school, he could barely speak up and here he is saying he faced him.

"I just couldn't stand hearing him talk about you the way he was, especially not knowing you."

"You should let this matter rest for a while and then tell him about the work."

Before he could say anything in return, I hear a female voice on the other side of the phone wishing him good morning and offering an espresso. I hear him thank her before getting back on the phone.

"Who was it?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"Suzy, the receptionist. One of the few I can actually stand in here. She made an espresso just for me." He tells me all about his brand new female friend.

"Have a nice day at work and good morning," I tell him as I notice Dina about to wake up, plus I didn't want to comment on the friendship his developing with females at work.

"Are we meeting during the holiday?"

"Do you want to meet?"

"Of course."

"When?"

"Are you sure you want me to pick the day? Because I choose every day." He says gaining a smile from me.