36

K E N D R A

"What are you preparing, Kendra?" Aunt Emerald asked when she saw me in the kitchen busy doing something.

"I'm packing up a lunch, Aunt Emerald." I said and flipped over the chicken.

"Lunch? You should have told me so that I could have made it for you." Aunt Emerald said but I was quick to assure her that it was fine.

"No worries, Aunt Emerald. It's just for today too so no need to worry. I'm just trying my cooking skills if they were still here." I joked so that we would stop talking about me making lunch.

"Okay, dear. I can see that you prepared breakfast too." Aunty said when she saw the table prepared for breakfast.

"Yes, Aunt Emerald. I just thought, why not?" I replied to brush it off because it wasn't really a big deal.

"Thank you, Kendra. This means so much to me." Aunty said and I felt proud with myself.

"You're always welcome, Aunty." I said and we called Red and Blue to have breakfast together.

"You sure you don't want to come with us, Kendra?" Red asked when they were about to go.

Aunt Emerald was going to drive them to work and to Blue's school afterwards. Red asked me if I wanted to come with them to save money.

"It's fine. Besides, it's out of the way. Be careful." I said and waved goodbye before going to the company too.

Just like what I planned, I brought lunch. Not for me but for Zachary. That is, if he comes to work. But I was hopeful that he'd come to work. My apology may have been late but it's better late than never. If he still doesn't show up for work, it'll be the fifth day. Fifth day of him not coming here. I don't want to call him and ask. Not after what I did.

"I'm that thick faced to actually call him even after that horrible thing. Why did I even do that to him?"

I was bored to death without any enough work on my hands that I ended up talking to myself. Zachary is not here and my workload decreased in a scary number. I'll read emails and such but I can't do anything with them without the approval of the CEO. Which is Zachary's position in this company..

Unfortunately, he did not come to work. I slumped my back on the swivel chair inside my office and turned it left to right. My offering didn't served its purpose. Well I'll just it eat it for lunch. It will be a waste to just discard the food I prepared. It's a great thing because I won't need to spend any money for my lunch today.

"Violet, are you in there?" Freya's voice asked from outside after she knocked on my door.

"Yes, please come in." I permitted and door slowly creaked open, revealing a pretty colleague. 

"Violet? Our chief wanted me to give you this." Freya suddenly appeared in my office with papers on her hands.

"You can just give it directly to the CEO. Why give me this?" I asked
I was confused as to why she headed here rather than the office of the CEo which is just across my office. 

"The chief emphasized clearly that I have to give these to you. He said that I can't give this to Sir Zachary." I was intrigued by that statement. Her chief emphasized that Freya must give me their report and not to Zachary?

"Why not?" I asked curiously and fixated the papers on top of my table.

"He said Sir Zachary only wants you to deliver the reports to him. Not the chief, not anyone, just you." she replied and gave me a shrug when I shot a questioning look at her.

What the hell was Freya saying? Zachary only wants me to deliver the reports? But for all I know he wasn't strict about the passing of reports from each department. He isn't also sensitive about someone entering his office.

"Okay, I'll give this to him when he arrives." even if I was still confused, I just agreed to pass over their report to Zachary.

"Thanks, Violet. See you at lunch." Freya bid goodbye and left my office.

I did not care much about what she said and called Cyan. I have other things to care about and that's Cyan. This guy might not eat lunch so I call him everyday to remind him to eat. I know I can just ignore him and let him do whatever he wants. However, I can't let a poor doctor starve because of his negligence to eating. Aunt Emerald will be upset if he gets sick because of what he does.

"I'll eat lunch. Don't worry." he greeted and I couldn't help but laugh. He already knows what my call is for.

"Still, I need to call to make sure that you really don't forget about lunch." I pointed out because he can just easily say that he will eat but might not really eat.

"Ain't gonna forget, ma'am. I don't want to be lectured at about being a doctor myself yet I don't take care of my body. I heard it all." he stated.

He's still sulking about that one time when I bantered him about not taking care of his body when he is a doctor himself. How will he able to take care of others when he can't even take care of himself? I have a point, right? It's only natural for me to question his capabilities as a doctor when he couldn't even take care of himself.

"Send me a photo of you eating okay? It's my new resolution, Cyan." I told him because that is what my new resolution is..

"Fine, I'll send you a photo of my meal." he replied and I smiled in triumph.

"Okay, have a good day great guy!" I said and ended the call.

I stood up and fixed myself before going out my office. It's time for lunch and I'll head to the cafeteria to eat with my friends. I placed my phone on top of our table and put out the lunch I prepared for Zachary.

"Wow! You brought lunch, Violet. Did your boyfriend prepared them for you?" Hera stated and the others looked interested.

"You have a boyfriend, Violet? Why did I didn't know that?" Lucy added and so they were all asking me now who my boyfriend was.

I already told Hera that Cyan wasn't my boyfriend but I guess she's stubborn. She did not listen to what I said and defended her theory. It's useless to correct her mindset when she's this persistent.

"No, of course not. I don't have a boyfriend, guys. I'm still single right now." I informed because I really am.

If it was just me, it was okay if they speculated Cyan as my boyfriend. I can handle their goofiness about this issue but I was afraid on how Cyan might react. He might feel uncomfortable and I don't want to lose him over a petty issue.

"It's okay, Violet. We're all indenial at first. You'll get used to calling him your boyfriend soon." Hera teased and I just stayed quiet.

I don't want to argue about this anymore. They don't listen anyway so I guess, arguing won't change anything. And I'm not up for a debate with them. That is the least thing I would do today.

"Speaking of your boyfriend, he texted." Lucy handed me my phone and Cyan's name was stated.

I got my phone and looked at what he texted. He sent me a text that he already ate lunch and sent a photo of his meal. Right. I must not care about what the others are saying. I have my priorities and their opinions must not matter.