11

Z A C H A R Y

I woke up very early in the morning. I was scheduled to leave California this very morning. After showering and putting my luggage in the living room, I stared at the kitchen. I smiled upon remembering what happened last night.

I had to go through all means of stopping a person from crying. Kendra's tears seemed to be unlimited that I had a hard time comforting her. Well it was my first time so I expected the trouble. But it didn't cause me so much. It was okay for me to handle. 

"She's so cute." I mumbled to myself as I walked.

Kendra turned out to be so upset because of what she did. She vented it out on me and said sorry for all the inconveniences she did. She said that she was sincerely sorry for doing horrible things to me. She told me all of those while crying.

I find it really cute when she cried like a baby. Kendra causing inconveniences to me wasn't a big deal, except the fact that she almost burned her penthouse, I really didn't mind. Anything but that, it was perfectly fine.

"Mr. Montemayor? Should I bring your luggage to the car?" the chauffeur asked when I stepped out of the penthouse.

He's here to get my luggages. It's his duty to take care of my things and me while I am here in California.

"Sure, I'll just follow after a while. I still have something to do." the chauffeur nodded and brought my luggage to the car that will be escorting me to the airport.

I headed to the kitchen and cooked breakfast for Kendra. Knowing what might happen if she cooks for herself makes me quiver. I'm also uncomfortable with the fact that she might order food from outside again. Or worse case scenario is she not eating at all. I can't just go and leave the poor girl alone. She's too innocent and cute for me to ignore.

"I should cook for her at least. It's her penthouse which I stayed in." I mumbled to myself while looking for the ingredients.

I prepared the usual breakfast. Bacon and eggs. I made sure that the food was covered on the dining table and wrote something. I put the note beside the plate of breakfast and stared at it with satisfaction. When everything was set, I finally left the penthouse. I went down the building and my chauffeur opened the car door for me.

"Let's go to the airport." I told the chauffeur and he started to drive the car to the airport.

Good thing that the flight wasn't tiring at all. I even managed to read some reports for the week and signed one contract. Five hours passed by and the airplane arrived at New York. That was a little faster than I expected. The usual streets greeted me when I get out and my car was there waiting for my arrival.

"Good morning, Sir. Shall I drive you to your house or to the company?" Andrei asked when he opened the door to backseat for me.

"Please head to this address." I said and handed him the address of the company of the man I was going to meet.

Because of traffic, it tooks us almost two hours to arrive to the place. It was not that bad since I also had the time to change my suit inside the car. The familiar logo met my eyes when I looked outside and I went out the car. I rode the elevator together with Mr. Ferri's secretary. The secretary escorted me until his boss's office and bowed before leaving.

After knocking three times, I entered his office. The old man smiled at me and greeted me warmly.

"Good morning Mr. Ferri." I greeted and smiled at him politely.

"Good morning, Zachary. It's great to see you in good condition. Shall we sit and talk about your request?"

I gladly sat on the couch across him and discussed about the item I wanted to buy from his collections.

"I'm willing to sell that painting to you but you have to pick it up in my humble home in Spain. My workers aren't enough so you have to send your own people to fetch that painting. Will that be okay, young man?"

"It's totally okay, Mr. Ferri. I really appreciate your kindness. So, I'll just pick it up in Spain tomorrow?" I asked Mr. Ferri and he nodded.

"Of course, the earlier the better. Good thing that I was planning on disposing things from my collection. You just came on the right time." he commented and I couldn't agree more.

"That's good to hear then, Mr. Ferri." I ssid and he nodded before standing up.

"It's crystal clear, young Montemayor. Pick up of the painting will be tomorrow. I shall leave then, Zachary. I still have an appointment to attend to." he stated as he fixed his coat.

"Sure, Mr. Ferri. Have a good day." I said and waited before he left his office. I'll leave after he rides the elevator.

I reached the parking lot during lunchtime so I told my chauffeur to just pass by some restaurant. While I was in the car, I couldn't help but to think of Kendra. When will she come back here in New York? The issues about her already dispersed and no one was gossiping about it anymore. We can't erase it on the web but at least no one is talking about it again. I may not be that close to her but I know how much of a relief it is when rumors die down.

"Sir?" I snapped out of my daydream and looked at my chauffeur, confused.

"I was calling you Sir to inform you that we arrive at the restaurant." he announced and I looked out to check. We wre really in the restaurant already.

"Oh thank you for informing me. I shall eat lunch and come back here for you to drive me back to my house. Have some lunch too while I have mine." I ordered because I don't want my chauffeur skipping lunch.

"Copy, Sir." he said before I left him inside the car.

While I was waiting for my order, my mind drifted off again. Kendra's image suddenly appeared in my mind. What did that woman ever do to make me think of her every second that counts?

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and called my chauffeur. He quickly acted on the order and arrived in the restaurant faster than I expected. He sat in front of me when I told him to.

"Do you need something, Sir?" he asked and I leaned forward and pointed a finger at him.

"I have a question." I mumbled and looked at him with a serious face. Should I ask him this? But it's too out of the blue and he might think I'm going crazy.

"Go ahead, Sir. I'll do my utmost best to answer." when he spoke, I suddenly changed my mind. Let's not ask him such question. He might misinterpret it.

"Nevermind. Stay here and eat with me. I'm feeling lonely eating alone." I said and my chauffeur looked like he wasn't believing whst I just said.

Kendra what did you ever do to me? I'm having a weird feeling of wanting to see her again. Screw this.