75

K E N D R A

Epilogue:

Gosh. I was feeling so under the weather. I had vomited early this morning and I didn't really like everything. I always feel so sleepy too.

"I'm going to work, honey. See you later." Zachary said and walked towards me.

"Are you going home early today?" I asked because I don't want to stay up too late for today.

"I'll be a little late today. Don't wait for me and just sleep, okay?" he asked and took a final step before we were face to face with each other. 

He will surely kiss my cheeks just like everyday. He always kisses me before going to work but I felt like not letting him do it today. I pushed him lightly to stop him from kissing me. Zachary stared at me, bewildered with what I did.

"Have a great day, honey." I said and walked to our room to avoid his questions. I really don't want to argue today.

When I heard his car leaving the house, I went to my closet and changed clothes. I wore a dress and just flats. I called Courtney right away and she said she was on her way.

"Come on, preggy. Be careful in putting on your seatbelt." Courtney said and I rolled my eyes. It's not as if I'll suffocate my baby.

"Stop it." I mumbled because she was being annoyingly extra careful with me.

"Stop what? Don't fret, preggy. Just put this on your headrest and let's decrease that angle." Courtney said before putting the car seat into an angle which made me super comfortable.

"Thanks. This will probably be enough." I replied.

"Okay. You can sleep while I drive. I'll just wake you up when we arrive."

Courtney and I will be going to the hospital for a weekly checkup. I still haven't told Zachary about me being pregnant because I wanted to surprise him on our first wedding anniversary which is on Friday. Just a day from now.

"I'll buy you something to eat. Be back quickly." Courtney said and I nodded.

I went inside the room and my checkup quickly finished. When I went out, Courtney was already holding an eggbun. My mouth savored at the sight of my favorite pregnancy food. I ate it heartily and Courtney drove me home.

"I'll be at the venue, honey. Text me when Courtney arrives." Zachary said and I bid goodbye.

Today is our wedding anniversary and he's going to the venue to help prepare. It was already two in the afternoon and the party starts at five.

"Look to the left." Courtney ordered. I looked at her and she gave me a couple of warning eyes.

So annoying.

"I really don't want to put makeup on, Courtney." I said and pursed my lips afterwards because she was now going to put on lipstick.

"Slightly open. Say letter m." Courtney instructed and I did as what I was told. I looked at myself in the mirror and pouted.

"Is your boyfriend going to be at the party?" I asked and Courtney shook her head.

"We broke up. Come on, let's wear that dress of yours." she said and I was shocked because of what she said.

"You broke up? Again?" I asked in disbelief because this was his fourth boyfriend this month.

"Shut up, preggy. I ain't gonna spill anything. There, perfect!" she exclaimed and looked proudly at me. I was now wearing the long gown Zachary had bought me yesterday.

It was pretty...but uncomfortable. Now that I'm pregnant, I preferred oversized clothes rather than fit ones. I feel suffocated when I wear fit clothes.

"Let's go. Cass texted that the visitors were now arriving." Courtney said and assited me to the car.

I rode in the backseat because of this long gown. I didn't fit in the passenger seat because of this. The drive to the venue wasn't that long and I went out of the car.

When we went out, I wanted to talk with Zachary first. I don't want him to be surprised together with the guest. I want him to at least feel privileged by knowing that I'm pregnant before others.

"Honey, are you busy?" I asked and Zachary looked at me. His mouth slightly opened and his hand snaked into my waist quickly.

"Badly want to kiss you right now but I'll reserve it for later. I'm quite busy honey. Just stay with Courtney for awhile."

And that's the reason why I wasn't able to tell him about the baby. He was too engrossed with the event that he wasn't by my side. He only went to me when the party had officially started.

"To my two best buddies, congratulations for a year of your marriage. To more years!" Luke congratulated and the sound of hands clapping filled the room.

He was the last one to give a message so that means it was time for the foods. The waiters served us the food and we started eating.

When I finished my meal, I looked at Courtney and she nodded at me with a smile. I grinned too and stood up with the glass in my hand.

I hit the glass with the sppon to get their attention. The guests had lended me their ears and eyes. I smiled and nervously put the spoon down.

"So..." I trailed off and heaved a sigh. Gosh. Why was I so emotional?

"You can do it!" Courtney cheered and I smiled at her. She's really an ever supportive cousin. I'd make sure that she really gets married this year.

"I just wanted to say thank you for celebrating this special day with us. It's very much appreciated and I couldn't thank you all more. This is a meaningful day for the both of us and you all witnessed how we came to this point on." I said and wiped the tears on my cheeks.

The people who were here today, were people who are close to us. We wanted a private and small get together to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. They were also the people that witnessed how Zachary and I struggled and fought for this love of ours.

They were those people who gave us their unending support and cheers. They strengthened us and made us to this husvand and wife. We would never be here without them.

"No matter how many thank you I'll tell, it won't equalize all of the efforts you all made for us. You witnessed our ups and downs. Thank you for staying with us until now." I said and looked at all of the guests.

I would never forget these faces whom embraced us and helped us grow to be able to love now.

"To add up the happiness. I'd like to ask all of you for a favor. I want you all to still stay by our sides and look out for us when needed to. It'll be a memory I'd treasure forever." I said and looked at Zachary.

I held his hand and pulled him up. I need him to hold my hands because it lessens my nervousness. It's something I always do when I'm nervous.

"I want you all to also be there for our soon to be baby. Zachary and I will be needing your guidance once he arrives. He will be also needing smart and kind people beside him in his lives. So please, stay with us." I muttered and I looked at Zachary.

He looked super shocked and was left speechless. I can see how astounded he was with the news. I looked at him with teary eyed and caressed his face.

"Cheers for the greatest dad in the world?" I said and I heard the crowd shouted cheers before I felt Zachary's lips onto mine.

This is what I wanted in my life. It couldn't be more better.