58

K E N D R A

"Is this okay, Ma'am?" the stylist asked while I was in front of the mirror.

I was inside a boutique with our personal stylist and Mom was here with me. She wanted to have a gown sewn for the gala we were going to attend. We went here last time to get my measurements and we're back again to fit the gown.

It was a white strapless ball gown with a slight plunging neckline. It was embedded with diamond like designs and I'm totally loving it. I paired it up with a white platform shoes and my hair was done in a messy bun.

"That's perfect!" Mom exclaimed and examined me. She looked so satisfied with the outcome and so was I.

"I'll pack this up for you, Ma'am. Please go to the changing room with me." our stylist said and I did was she told me.

Mom and I waited for it to be packed before we left the boutique. The chaueffeur held the big box with the gown in it carefully.

"The silver necklace your Dad bought you will be perfect with it. Did you tried it on?" Mom asked and I nodded.

"Yes, Mom. It was so astounding. I really like the diamond in it." I said and remembered when I tried the necklace on.

It was Paris fashion week and my parents was in Paris that time. They must have attended a couple of shows and went home with a present. Dad bought me that necklace and they bought a new wristwatch for Kendrick.

The necklace was so pretty, even the box shouts expensive. I put it on the center of the glass display inside my walk in closet. It looked so pretty.

"Why is my gown white again, Mom? I looked like a bride with it." Not gonna lie because I really did looked like a bride getting married. If I didn't picture myself in the gala, I would have probably thought the same too.

"We're all gonna wear white outfits in the gala. Your Dad wanted it because he said it's winter and winter reminded him of the color white."

"Didn't know Dad still has a child like mind." I commented and Mom giggled.

"You bet, darling." she aaid and both giggled our way to the car.

We had a silent trip going back to the house. Mom was busy talking with someone on the phone and I didn't want to bother her. It must be about work.

Instead of listening to what Mom is talking about, I pulled my phone out and scrolled my social media accounts. I haven't posted in so long, a new post won't hurt right?

I picked a picture of me in the beach taken by Cyan. I posted it and gave credits to my favorite doctor. Speaking of him, I wonder how he's doing? I don't want to visit him though because he might be in the process of moving on. I don't want to interfere.

Well Red said he was fine. Not talking too much, which is normal. She also said that he's back on being workaholic. Red said it might be Cyan's way of moving on. Focusing on something else.

We arrived st the house briefly and Mom was still in the phone. I excused myself silently to go out and I left her inside. I quickly had lunch after going back from the mall because I was going to meet Courtney.

I changed my clothes and quickly got my car to go to the Statics Square. It's our hangout place. Courtney was already there with Cass. It was only us because Cass said she doesn't want to see boys today.

"Still giving him a cold shoulder?" I asked after I sat in front of Cass.

"He deserves it. Besides, he was the one at fault but he doesn't even apologize to me. What a prick."

"Let's not talk about distressing things today." Courtney said and put the iced teas on the table.

After Courtney sat down, she started conversations to conversations. She's really talkative and she really likes attention. I don't mean to offend but her personality is just like that. She's the type of person that will take care of all the talk.

"Your story is revolving around Harry, are you aware of that?" Cass sarcastically said and rolled her eyes towards Courtney.

"You're just bitter about our relationship." Courtney said and I couldn't help but be amused.

"You're just so whipped for him." Cass clapped back and it was time for me to stop them. Who knows if they might fight here in a public place?

"Come on guys, let's not fight today. We're here to hang out and not to fight."

They settled quickly than I expected and our conversation went back to normal. Cass was now talking little by little. She has been quiet since I arrived and she's just talking now.

While looking at them, I suddenly remembered what Lucy said. She told me to consider what she said. And she said that I have to tell Zachary about it.

"Earth to Kendra? Are you still with us?" Courtney looked at me and I blinked once.

"Sorry about that. I was thinking about the story I just read." I said and they all looked at me with a weird expression.

"What is the story about? Is it that interesting for it to make you stop and stare?"

"Well it's still ongoing but I'll tell you about the story so far. It's about a girl named Violet who was the heiress of a conglomerate. She went into hiding because of personal reason. While into hiding, she found a job. She was working as the secretary of Zacharias."

"She went into hiding but she got a job? Is she dumb or something?" Cassandra blatantly said and I was taken aback. Am I that dumb?

"Come on, Cass. She went into hiding so she probably needed money. Appreciate her effort for getting money legally." Courtney said and I was relieved. I'm thankful that she understands me.

"Continuing the story, Violet fell in love with her boss and Zacharias did too. Although they felt the same, they didn't become a couple. Instead, they went back to their normal relationship. Boss and secretary relationship." I paused after reminiscing the unwanted memory. It still hurts even if months had passed.

"And then what? What happened, Kendra?" Courtney asked and I smiled to supress the sadness I was feeling.

"Violet eventually went back to her normal life. It was now safe for her to go back as the real her. But now she's torn if she needs to tell Zacharias about her real identity and that the secretary he knew is the same with the rich girl he also knows."

"So why are you thinking about it? It's a boring story, Kendra." Cass said and I was about to roll my eyes at her. She's really a kill joy.

"So what happened next? Will she tell Zacharias about the real her?" Courtney, on the other hand, was showing a lot of interest.

"That's why I was thinking about it. How about you, Courtney? For example you are Violet, what will you do then?" I asked curiously and she sighed first before thinking.

"I'll tell Zacharias of course. I think he has to know about it since he likes me and he deserves to know." she honestly answered.

"But what if he reacts negatively about it? Won't that be a bad idea?" I queried and Courtney thought again.

"Well if he really likes her, he should accept it. Besides, if you truly love somebody, you must be ready to accept them as what they are. It shouldn't matter whether she's Violet the secretary or Violet the rich girl." Courtney said and I was left speechless.

I wonder if Zachary will do as what Courtney described. Will he understand and accept me? Or will he react negatively towards my revelation? Well, there's only one thing to do to find out...to finally tell him about my real identity.