XXI

11 January 2019,

Dear Eunjin,

I attended your funeral yesterday, with my members and Ji-U. I didn't know the Eomma and Appa had passed until Ji-U told me and the rest of the boys.
I'm sorry. I feel so guilty, like this is all my fault.
In your letter, you told me to smile even if it was sad. I tried. I can't smile the way I did before, at least not for a while.

Hyunjin signed the letter and placed it in a box and hid it under his hotel bed. He was rooming with Jisung, who had fallen asleep while reading one of his sister's letters. Hyunjin slid the letter from the younger's hand a began to read the tear-stained paper,

31 August 2018,

Dear Jisung,

Remember when we used to play video games all night? I'd always end up killing you. You sucked at whatever game we were playing. I remember leveling up before you then you asked me to play as your character to level it up for you.

I miss you and Hyunjin so much. I wish I could see your face one last time before I end up leaving but I know that your career is more important. Congratulations on the comeback by the way. I forgot to congratulate you when your album came out. I think I might just be your fan. #jisungbiased haha.

Hyunjin teared up when he read each word but wiped them off, leaving no trace of crying. He sighed and placed the letter on the table and did his best to put the big baby in his bed.

Once he put Jisung to bed, he went to bed himself.