VI

27 June, 2018

Dear Jisung,

I saw your girlfriend kissing another boy, as much as I wanted to tell you, you would hate me and say that I was just looking for attention.

When you found out, you were devastated,  angry and sad at the same time. When she found out you knew, she broke up with you. You came over to my house in search of comfort, you cried, and cried, and cried,

"Why doesn't she love me back? Why'd she leave me?" you kept repeating, I comforted you as best as I could, telling you that you were too good for her, that you'll find the one eventually. We made a promise to each other, that promise was that we'll stay by each other's side forever, but just as friends, "unless we fall for each other," you joked, but the truth was that I'd fallen for you long ago.

That night I was given a diagnosis and  was told to stop play rough sports, or sports that required me to make fast actions and thinking. At the time, there wasn't a set cure for my condition.

Eunjin, who fainted due to her condition, was now in the hospital. Ji-U, her adopted brother, knew that she stayed up late to write letters, he brought all of them and some spare paper and a pen for her in a small pink and purple wooden box.

"You should get some sleep. You can't always stay up late to write, you need rest." Was what he said to her. She put the paper away,
"I miss him..." she sighed,
"I know, me too. We'll get through this together. Maybe when they find a cure, we can go visit him sometime, yeah?"