IV

17 June, 2018

Dear Jisung,

Remember the day Hyunjin invited you and your friends over for a sleepover? That was the day you told everyone you liked a girl, I was heartbroken but I still smiled, I tried to look happy for you.

Since I was a girl, you asked me what girls liked, of course I helped, you were my best friend and I wanted you to be happy. While you all were sleeping I went out for a walk, I needed to clear my head of all the not-probable scenarios that kept running.

I stood on the bridge of a nearby river that had lots of nature, this was my happy place, this was the park I played in as a child with my siblings.

While I was there I saw a small boy crying by the pink cherry blossom tree. Without thinking I went up to him and hugged him, I told him that everything would be fine, I learnt that his parents were getting a divorce but neither parent wanted to take custody of the child. I brought him home and took care of him for a while, my parents didn't mind, they said that i was doing the right thing. His name was , Park Ji-U.

Eunjin folded the letter and chucked it in her drawer. Made her way to the kitchen only to find that Ji-U was eating ramen at 3 in the morning.