X

10 July 2018

Dear Jisung,

Remember when you caught me eating your food at lunch? You playfully scolded me and ate my food as revenge.
That was the day that you said I should get a boyfriend, I said that everyone at the school was either gross, snobby, gay or taken. You laughed at my comment and we walked around the school like we always did, I liked it, getting exercise without that much effort after I quit badminton that is. When you went to the bathroom, I just stayed in the courtyard, a girl approached me, with a few 'side kicks' by her side. Her minions pulled my hair while she told me to stay away from you and that you belonged to her. I raised my eyebrow, I asked her if you had her name written on you. Then the minions pulled harder and started making threats. Like killing my brothers, I didn't think she would actually do any harm because Hyunjin was one of the school's most popular boys and who can actually kill and get away with it? Anyway I knew she wouldn't do anything to Hyunjin that's for sure but it was Ji-U's first year at our school I didn't want to ruin high school for him. I left for my next class, and tried my best to avoid you. Luckily I only had PE with you.

Eunjin knew the letter was long but it didn't feel finished. She folded the paper and put it on her desk.

11 July 2018,

Dear Jisung,

So... this is part two of my last letter.
You noticed I was avoiding you and at lunch you found me sitting alone by a cherry blossom tree, you didn't notice the blood on the flower in my hands though. You asked why I'd been avoiding you and I just said that I had my reasons. You kept asking questions, trying to squeeze the answers out of me. I stood and left, it was obvious I wanted to be left alone, I guess you noticed and didn't bother following me to the roof top.

Eunjin felt this was good enough, besides, she could always come back to it later if she wanted to edit it.