#14 Grey - You Choose to Die

You Choose to Die:

You were expecting a sea of emotions to begin to flood your mind, and your hands to sweat like a fountain, and your body to shake with distress. However, there was no ripple of anxiety was created in your mind, for the sea of which you called your mentality, for it was as calm as could be humanly possible.

You remembered your brother, now rotting in the cells by the riots a merchant caused due to the death of his dog, only loved for only it's rare breed, who had the audacity to call your brother an abuser, blind to the pain and suffering he causes everyday to the countless displaced refugees, that now are barely living on the streets of Wall Rose, paid so little, they could not afford enough to eat. And even so, instead of him going in prison for the tears and empty stomach's he has caused to children who are so sick, they could barely move, let alone walk, he demanded for your brother to be sent into the unforgiving gaol, all for a dog who was born a rare breed. 

And even though rage consumed you, for the injustice humanity had shown in plain view, you remembered his kind smile, his freckles trailing his nose like soldiers in a line, but you also remembered how much he was never willing to have his dignity taken from under his feet.

"Anyone could make you cry in pain and shout the cruelest of words at you, and believe me, many would try, but the only thing they could never take away is the purity in your heart. For each one of us on this earth are all special, for our happiness makes us who we are, and our dignity makes us who we will be."

For happiness makes us who we are... and our dignity makes us who we  will be...

"So have you made up your mind, brat?"

You looked up to the cold and unforgiving eyes of Levi. And for the first time, you didn't cower in fear at what this man could do, for you knew that fear was a emotion used by the devil himself, to control and mandate it's victims, yet you knew, that fear, with courage and truth, was powerless at holding you down. 

"I want to die."

His smirk that was plastered on his face, was replaced with his lips formed as a goldfish, and his eyes, filled with the upmost power, widened, showing the first signs of human flaws. 

"You want to die?" he repeated, his tone filled with uncertainty and confusion. 

"I want to die."

And like a monster, his face morphed into anger, his body shaking with rage, his hands sweating with fury.

"WHAT FOR? AM I UGLY? NOT YOUR EXPECTATIONS OF PRINCE CHARMING? WHY YOU BRAT! I -"

"It's none of those, actually," you cut him short, your tone calm. "You could be every girl's wish of the perfect man, you probably are, but you see, provoking fear on others has its limits, especially when your target chooses not to give in. For, my brother told me, happiness makes us who we are, and our dignity makes us who we will be. If I live with you as your wife, could I accept it? Yes. Would I be truely happy? No. And tell me, what dignity is there being simply but a slave to you? For I would rather die and be known as a great detective, then someone who was once great, but chose a life was misery in the face of death. So, as I stated. I don't want to be your wife, or be forced or humiliated in any way, for that matter. So if death is the only other option, then so be it, I chose to die."

You looked at Levi, his face holding no emotion, and face blank, holding no human expression.

"Tsk. Don't think such words would stop your demise. Pity, a pretty girl like you would be nice, but your naive nature and no sense of how valuable one's life is, is a major downfall. Goodbye brat."

And just like that, you felt your vision being filled from the edges, like icicles flocking to the middle, the colour of metallic grey consumed you. You felt your mouth being filled with iron, and even when you parted your lips, the fluid would not flow out. You felt the metal slip down your throat, as your airways closed due to the lack of oxygen.

You felt your knees buckle as they no longer could support you, your lungs coughing and panting for breath. Your hands were gripping on your throat, as it kept closing. All through out it, the sickening colour of grey, painting your vision, reminding you of your ultimate demise.

Yet even though you could feel your body giving up, as consciousness began to slip away from you, not a single shroud of guilt was evident in your mind. You were going to meet your parents soon. You were going to be safe from all harm.

And as the grey soon turned black as your soul left your body, you heard a voice speak softly and filled with utter guilt and regret.

"What have I done?"

.........

Did you guys enjoy that? I'm trying to have more detail in my writing from now on, so please do send constructive criticism - I would really appreciate it. 

Anyway, please do consider voting and following me, for as I have previously said, it really makes me happy!

I will be making the other alternative ending soon, so look out for that! Hopefully, I will upload tomorrow.

Any way, thank you for reading!