#8 The Storm (Oneshot)

Guys! I can be bothered to write decently!

And school is finally out for people in Australia! (Or at least Victoria)

Yay!

Cold was the night as the howling wind tore through the willow trees. It stripped them of their little leaves, the lightning letting out a blood curdling scream as the thunder boomed through the ghostly mist.

In the middle of the worst storm of the century, you laid there, exposed and vulnerable.

You tossed and turned, desperate to find the promised comfort in sleep.

The thunder kept on rolling, as you laid there shaking, a tight foetus position and you kept rolling over in a tight huddle.

The storm is what them away.

The story is what teared your world apart.

The lightning. The thunder. The wind.

Another bolt struck the horizon, causing you to jump in fright.

Goosebumps was littered all over your porcelain skin, your fingers held tight on your thin sheets.

Your body shivered in hypothermia, your muscles clenching as the cold went straight through your bones.

The storm kept its crackling, not showing any signs on stopping.

Another huge sound of crackling lightning, the light blinding your eyes.

A fountain of tears was trickling down your eyes.

You kept mumbling to yourself, rocking yourself in fear.

Yet, it did not help the feeling of vulnerability and your fear of lightning and storms.

Your saliva was drowning out of your mouth as you begged for the comfort of your parents.

Yet, they never came.

All alone you lay there, each minute feeling like centuries, your body taking the toll of the stress and anxiety.

Suddenly, three huge bangs engulfed the house as it echoes through the foundations of the weak house you were laying in.

You yelp as you try and clutch onto the blankets for dear life.

You are still wailing, your body in torment and pure fear.

Suddenly, another bang, louder than the previous three combined, came from the front room.

You started to cry even more, wailing at the top of your lungs for help and the love of your parents.

You were scared, no even more than scared, you were petrified.

You hear footsteps echo through the wooden floor, over the howl of the storm.

Your wailing began to seize, paralyzed of the footsteps that emulated through the house, yet, the tears still stream rolled down your face.

The door to your room swings open, the door banging on the wall behind it.

You scream in terror, you body completely paralyzed, eying the shadow of a figure in the doorway.

BANG!

Another lightning bolt had struck the air, causing you to scream and cuddle into your blankets.

You watch as the figure slowly becomes to pace towards you.

You slowly edge back into the wall on your bed, slowly hitting the wall, the figure still matching towards you.

You held your hands up in a useless protection, the storm outside still raging strong.

Through your window, you watch as another lightning strike illuminates the sky, causing you for a split second to see the face of the figure.

The figure stood there, silver eyes soft with concern, raven hair and clothing drenched from the storm.

He continues to pace towards you before he comes close to the bed.

You kept your eyes on him, your heart ringing in your ears, your mind dead in panic.

Suddenly, he drops down on his knees and... hugs you?

You feel his strong arms pull you close to his chest, you can feel his abs in his thing white shirt, and his muscles in his arms as they pulled you in close.

But most of all, you felt safe in his arms, the first time you have ever felt safe since your parents died.