#13 Grey

A/N: Finally, an update. Strap yourself in readers, voters, and unicorns!

I thought that I was only required to give out work, not babysit children who shouldn't even be in college who simply just can't - 

"Eren! Stop playing games in class right now!"   

...

Snickering bastards. No Eren, saying sorry while holding back laughs doesn't make it better. But I'll let it slide - only because I really can't be bothered getting the detention slips out.

You're lucky Eren; you should really thank me. I think I should be your favourite teacher.

....

Gosh, Sasha, really?! You've got to have your little gossip now.

I know this class is really boring, in fact, you'll never have to use any of this information in real life, but hey, I'm the teacher, and you're the petty student. 

In fact, just to piss you guys off, and to get you guys to shut the hell up, let me just announce a surprise short test - which of course I know you've guys haven't studied for because you guys have an actual life and homework from subjects that actually matter. But hey, if you guys would have been quiet and let me sleep, I would have not done this to you...

....

Oh, just stop your moans and groans. Now, you've only made the questions harder. That should make you think twice. Ha.

....

Times up. Oh, you've haven't finished Jean? Oh well, too bad. wait, the whole class hasn't finished, oh well, I need something to talk bad about you to your parents. Plus with them mad, they'll make you listen in class. 

Oh Erwin, you really are a genius now, honestly, how lucky am I to be you.

...

The walls are closing. 

Smoke. Flames. Screaming.

What's happening.

There's the door, I must get out. Forget about the students, just save yourself. Come on Erwin. Run.

Why can't I run?

What's happening. My visions fogging up, no help me! 

What's happening?

Why is everyone turning grey?

Iron.

The taste of metal keeps dripping dow n from the roof of my mouth.

It keeps coming. I can't make it stop. I'm drowning, it's poison, help me!

...

No, it's going down my throat. 

It burns.

I can't breathe. 

Everything is grey. Even when I shut my eyes as hard as I can, all I can see is grey.

I can't escape its.It's suffocating. It tastes so bitter. Just like poison.

Metal. Poison. Grey.

***

"Detective L/N! We have a new case for you!"

You swerve round, meeting eyes with eyes that paint the scene of the ocean.