#12 Dare

Isn't it funny when every time you break up with someone, the rain is falling, no one is answering your phone, and all the songs on the radio are playing the old break up songs that had not aired for a million years are playing.

You could just hear life having a comedic kick of your utter misery.

You were never a fan of love. Heck, you were a child of divorce and a realist at heart. SO the very thought of something as sickening and heart-throbbing as true love  made bile fly up your throat.

Yet here you are after a two week relationship.

You knew it was utterly pitiful to be so emotionally drained and red-eyed from this short relationship - heck, could it even be classified as such - but truth was, it was the best two years of your life.

You always had a crush on Eren, hell who wouldn't, he was cute, determined, well-defined, loyal compassionate.. wait you got carried away again. Anyway, you had a huge  crush on Eren, and well, you'd be lying if you said you never thought about him before you go to sleep. 

You thought of yourself as just average, never stood out from the rest - apart from not missing a limb - but you were never one of them.

You never had a superpower for some strange reason like Eren,  were not skilled and talented like Mikasa, nor were you intelligent like Armin. Heck, even horse faced Jean was had something more then you - which really demonstrated how ordinary you were.

So you were surprised, on the 11th of January, while the sun blared down on you, yet no heat could be felt, but only light burning your eyes, you were surprised to find the Captain there, sitting on a rock outside.

Dark circles were pertinent on his face, his body still like a rock, guided by the comforting breeze. 

It was so unlike him to be outside though. He was never known for his ventures, in fact, you realised, this was the first time you saw him when not in training.

As if waiting for you, he heaved a breathe and walked up to you.

Though his strides were short - incredibly short at that - you felt the air around you close.

Don't move. Don't think. Don't even breathe.

...........

You snapped back to reality, feeling drops of sadness trickle down your face.

Grumbling at your own stupidity, you wiped of the tears and relinquished the memories that haunted you. 

But honestly, how stupid were you to not notice the way he really couldn't be bothered about you, or how he never even asked how you were.

You just thought it was his flawed personality, and so you took it under the chin and embraced it like you embraced him.

Yet like the snowflakes in the snow, that melt within your hand, you didn't know that the beauty held within it could simply melt away.

But as you grasped Levi as you hoped you only could be grasped to - you felt him run away like water down a hillside.

For this love was only simply but a dare.

Levi x Reader Oneshots! (Requests Temporarily Closed!)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें