LevixShadisAdoptedChild!Reader - Chest Pain

Requested By: @_Storymaker_Fangirl_

Main Idea:

Warnings: Somebody gonna be beaten up :)

Genre/Background: Not particularly a LevixReader. Just more of Reader being a badass. A part 2 can come out to develop this (if requested, of course)

Edit Status: Recently written

***

All that could be heard throughout the training ground were the panting and the mumblings of your fellow comrades. Each word they spoke was laced with contempt, grumbling that the day was not over yet. Corporal Levi's combat training was next. While before your soldier days you would remain unconcerned with such pitiful gossip, you were now trained to be alert and attentive. Thus, you didn't stop yourself in indulging in the fleeting conversations. Something that Shadis always stressed was to "Look for any weakness. What may first seem like harmless words could be the difference between seeing tomorrow."

You internally smiled at the thought of Shadis. While the other 104th trainees feared and hated the man with fiery passion, you were rather different. To begin with, you had seen things that the others were blessed to have not. Your innocence had long been crushed before the titans came. And therefore, you, without a shred of fear, asked Shadis to train you. You lamented being weak and not in control of your livelihood. Too often you spent yourself wasting your days. But not anymore.

It was harsh. His training, that is. Waking up at 4am and working until 12 the next night. You often found your muscles aching when your body went to bed. In the first week it was literal hell. But now, the pain had become synonymous with a good day of training. If you didn't feel the pain, you didn't train hard enough.

While you obviously respected the man, it was hard to always submit to him. He tried his best to stare you down with his eyes overshadowed by the darkness of his eye bags. It was a strategy he always utilised simply because it always worked. But to you, you couldn't help but laugh at his bald head and eyes popping out.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" Shadis had once asked you.

You shrugged. You obviously knew the reason why but didn't think Shadis will approve. "I'm not sure, Sir," you safely stated, ensuring your formalities. You were still in the introduction stages, and were not yet granted to just refer to him by name.

"(L/N), you must know your feelings! How are you going to be a good soldier if you are unable to know why you do things? How would you be able to predict the opponent if you can't predict yourself?!"
Throughout his speech you had slowly risen your back. You knew he was going into a shouty mood and you would soon be punished through intense exercise if you were not careful.