Epilogue (Part 1)

"I will cross the ocean for you
I will go and bring you the moon
I will be your hero your strength
Anything you need
I will be the sun in your sky
I will light your way for all time
Promise you
For you I will."
Monica "For You, I Will"

Ashanti

"Can you guys give me a minute alone?" I made this simple, but mind-boggling request to my maid of honor and bridesmaids.

August and I are tying the knot, getting hitched, becoming man and wife, and jumping the broom. In plain terms, we're getting married.

"Why?" Teyana asked with fear in her voice. Girl, it's not that serious.

"Just a little privacy to clear my head." The girls sent messages to each other through their glances. They finally agreed and slowly left the dressing room.

"Okay, but don't keep us wait—." Karrueche tried to say before I closed the door in their faces with a smile on my countenance. I exasperated a sigh of relief with my back on the door as the two of us were now left in the room. I made sure that it was locked.

"I thought they were never going to leave." Lamont commented.

I know what y'all are thinking.

Isn't he dead?

Is Ashanti going crazy?

Does August know what he's getting himself into?

I thought I was losing my mind when I first saw him in my car after I went to the shop, but I've gotten used to it after a while. It's better than nothing.

"They think I'm going to freak out like Vanessa, who had them running in the rain after her. I wasn't going to get my hair wet. Tae didn't come over here to slay my hair for nothing." The wedding still took place, but in different dresses than initially planned.

"I can see that happening. You, my friend, sometimes behave as if you're living la vida loca." Monty uttered, nodding his head and stretching himself out on the couch next to the vanity I was getting ready at. I gasped at his over exaggeration. The craziest thing I've ever done was with Teyana when we jumped off her roof into the pool. It's funny how she used to be scared of swimming, but somehow we both convinced each other to take that plunge.

"So, how's it going up there?" I wondered in curiosity, sipping on my peach and banana smoothie. I'm going to need some gum after I finish it.

"I thought it would be lonely, but I've made a lot of friends. Plus, they weren't kidding when they said it was paradise." I almost felt jealous.

"Have you visited Jaliyah or your mom lately?"

"Yeah, but my mom still hasn't grown accustomed to my popping up. Every time she sees me, she's always holding a glass object and it falls to the ground."

"And Jaliyah?"

"When her roommate is around, she always pretends that she's on the phone, but I know Chelsea thinks she's crazy because she doesn't hear anyone talking on the line." I cracked up.