Chapter 31

"Nobody gonna love me better
I must stick with you forever
Nobody gonna take me higher
I must stick with you
You know how to appreciate me
I must stick with you, my baby
Nobody ever made me feel this way
I must stick with you."
The Pussycat Dolls ft. Avant "Stickwitu"

Teyana

Is anybody here from Chi-Town?

I need to know because I need someone to come rescue me from the Grinch who stole my New Year's Eve. Let me tell y'all what happened.

Today, I was going to leave Atlanta to go back home until Iman called me to switch my flight to Chicago so we can spend New Year's Eve with his family. I knew I shouldn't have picked up the phone, but I knew he would have blown me up until I did.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate his family. I just dislike his Momma who constantly throws shade at me with her little minion, Iman's ex.

Oh, my Mom is great by the way for those who wanted to know. She was actually happy to see me like Ashanti predicted. She can act a little boujee sometimes, but she always remembers where she came from and I implement that into my life everyday.

Anyway, I'm sitting in a corner right now, texting Ashanti while having a sidebar conversation with one of Iman's cousins, Renae. She can talk, but not a lot like someone who gossips about other people. August finally did something right. He better take care of my best friend or I'll murk his *ss.

"Girl, every year we have this boring party. I might stop coming, so I can spend the time with my man."

"I can't even do that with that girl all in his face." I sipped on my cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows as we looked on at Iman watching the game with the guys while you know who sat next to him, trying to attract his attention.

"If I was you, I would have already thrown these hands. Look at how she's touching him, petting him like a little puppy. Plus, nobody knows where those hands have been and she's been putting the snacks together with Auntie Tay." Renae replied, drinking her glass of eggnog mixed with rum. I laughed at her pettiness, wiping my nose with a napkin because some of my hot cocoa squirted out.

"I'm not worried as long as he doesn't touch her. He knows better."

"I don't know why Auntie Tay is tripping over you. You're obviously the woman that Iman loves, not—not...what's her name?"

"If I knew, I still wouldn't remember because I don't care. That's how irrelevant she is. Exes should stay in the past. People are supposed to move on especially after 5 years." I exasperated.

"Amen to that. Man, I'm so gone." She rose her glass up to the sky, enjoying the soothing music that was playing that can make anybody who's had a little to drink fall asleep like a baby.

"I need some water. My throat feels a little dry." I informed Renae before getting up to go to the kitchen.

"Can you please get me a bottle too?" I responded with a nod. I walked behind the leather couch Iman was sitting on and maneuvered my way through the adorable kids who were running around like lunatics. When I reached the kitchen, I opened the fridge and grabbed two bottles of water for the both of us. Closing the door, Mrs. Shumpert was standing right there scaring the hell out of me.