Chapter 44

"I, I, I, I've been through some things
Please don't hold that against me
Can't nobody love you like I'm gonna love you
Don't you know I, I, I, I, I'm making you this promise
Clutchin' on a rosary
Ain't no one gonna love you, like I'm gonna love you!
Oh, oh, oh, oh!"
Jennifer Hudson "No One Gonna Love You"

August

"I actually don't have a girlfriend." I said in a very matter-of-fact tone. I finally let the cat out of the bag. Everybody keeps asking me all over social media. Even though it's nobody's busy, I need peace of mind and so does Ashanti 'cus I know her sh*t has been blowing up too.

"What happened with Ashanti? Don't tell me y'all broke up. I thought something was really going for you guys." Ebro asked me.

"Yeah, but I'm single now. Things happen and you have to pick up the pieces to move on." Then, Laura posed a question.

"Did y'all break up because of Miracle Watts?"

"Y'all always trying to start some drama with all these rumors flying around." I laughed, shaking my head.

"Well, we've been seeing you two together in the tabloids: more Miracle and less Ashanti." Peter pointed out.

"Miracle–she's a beautiful girl. A very dope mind, you know what I'm saying?"

"You're dodging the question."

"We're just friends."

"With benefits?"

"No comment."

"Shoot, how about you slide me Ashanti's number?" Ebro commented.

"I thought this interview was about me." He threw up his hands in surrender, realizing his joke rubbed me the wrong way.

That's how my interview from this morning went for the most part. I flew to New York yesterday and Miracle tagged along. She's like this drug I've become addicted to. I know she's not good for me, but I might as well hold on to her since Ashanti dumped me. I still got hope that we'll get back together and that's when I'll cut Miracle off completely like no games, I'm for real this time. She's honestly just someone I'm f*cking.

The problem I really have with her is that she likes shopping a little too much and loves partying instead of doing simple things when we actually hang out as buddies. When I arrived back at the hotel, I saw her getting dressed to go out in the bathroom.

 When I arrived back at the hotel, I saw her getting dressed to go out in the bathroom

"Where are you going?"

"I was wondering what was taking you so long. I want to go the mall and see what I can pickup."