Chapter 7

"We've got it good
We have it all it seems
We're living dream, yeah
This is our time
This wasn't meant to be
Just you and me
This is still new
We're still young in heart
And breaking too
But I know our love will always be there."
Hi-Five "I Like the Way (The Kissing Game)"

August

"August, stop trying to get me wet! I just got my hair done yesterday." Ashanti snapped at me, shielding her body with the magazine she was reading. I immediately turned off the hose to avoid getting hit.

She and Teyana came over to Iman's house this morning because Teyana won a bet against him and come over here to collect her prize. I don't know what the bet was. When I got here to pick up Ashanti for our afternoon date, she and Teyana were like two women on vacation with a butler at their beg and call as Iman washed Teyana's car. I decided to give him a hand since us boys have to stick together. I asked Ashanti for just a sip of her soda, but she objected and I decided to spray her with a little cold water.

Iman seems like a cool guy. I honestly wonder how he deals with Teyana's craziness. The real reason why we're in this situation is that she didn't want to spend $3 at the car wash. I don't go to car washes because I remember the last time I did, my car looked the same before and after. I now pay someone to clean all my cars inside and out once in a while.

"Alright, I'll stop. We're done anyway. Are you ready to go down to the boardwalk?"

 Are you ready to go down to the boardwalk?"

"Yeah, let me just get my phone from inside. I left it on the charger because I fell asleep last night before I could plug it in." I nodded, watching her run into the house. I heard Iman say something to me, but my mind was focused on Ashanti as her *ss bounced in those shorts. All on a sudden, someone blocked my view. Who else would it be but Teyana? I looked at her and she had her arms crossed across her chest.

"I've got my eyes on you."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"If I see Ashanti cry for one second because of you, you're going down. She has been through so much already in her life, and I won't let you take away the last bit of hope and joy she has." What she said had me thinking. I know there's something that happened in Ashanti's past that she hasn't told me about, but I'm not going to push her. I'll wait until she's ready.

"You know, you look more beautiful when you're angry." I tried to butter her up to get on her good side.

"Don't lie to her like that. She looks like a damn chipmunk when she's mad." Iman joked, causing me to bust out in a fit of laughter.

"Oh really? We'll see how funny it is when you're sleeping alone tonight, sweetheart. And you? Laugh all you want, it'll only make me not trust you even more." She glared at the two of us.