Chapter 43

"Tonight I ain't feelin' no stress
To my girls that's lookin' their best
Won't you go on and show it off for us
(Ladies go on and throw your hands up)
And...if he's all in your head
Just forget all the things that he said
Girl this is yours, do whatever you want to
(Ladies go on and throw your hands up)."
Kelly Rowland ft. Eve "Like This"

Teyana

"Why are you stressing yourself out so much?" Iman questioned me. He came over to help me pack up some stuff for my trip and move the boxes I finished assembling over to his house. I'm busy scrambling around like a chicken, while he's just chilling out.

"I can't seem to know where anything is anymore and Ashanti usually helps me with this kind of stuff, but she still isn't talking to me!" I screamed in frustration. I feel like snatching this wig off my head, but I look so good with it on.

"Y'all need to make up because I'm tired of you two acting like strangers living in the same house." He's been here since last night and all three of us watched tv in an awkward silence. I bet it was especially weird for him since he was sitting in between us.

"I don't know what her problem is."

"You still haven't apologized?" I looked back at him laying on my bed, in confusion.

"For what? I was being a concerned friend."

"From what you told me, you were a little rude to her by throwing her breakup in her face."

"Whose side are you on?" I asked, flabbergasted.

"Nobody's, but you need to swallow your pride and just say you're sorry. You two have been friends for so long that nothing should come between y'all." I let his words sink in, while taking a seat on the bed.

"I guess I took it too far. I just want her to know that I'm here for her and I don't want to make the situation worse." I sighed.

"Don't beat yourself up; we all know how stubborn you can be." I turned my head to glare at him. "But I still love you and our baby boy." Keep dreaming.

"If you love me, go get me some yogurt." I smiled. He kissed me softly before getting up and going to the kitchen. I picked up my phone to call Queen. My finger hovered over her name for a few seconds before I clicked on it. The phone rang for a while, then it went to voicemail. She's playing games.

"What happened?" Iman asked, handing me a spoon and the cup of yogurt.

"She didn't pick up."

"She's probably busy. Did she go to work today?"

"No, it's her day off. She posts her schedule on the fridge door to remember, but she left pretty early at around 8. I heard her leave because I had to use the bathroom."

"She's probably fine. I don't think she didn't answer on purpose."

"I hope you're right." My phone started vibrating against my leg and I saw Ashanti's name pop up.

"Hello?" I began the conversation.

"Hey, T. I saw your call."

"Why didn't you answer the first time?" Iman was motioning for me to cut it out, but I waved him off.

"I left my phone in the car."