Chapter 34

"Every time I see your face
It makes me want to sing
And every time I think about your love
It drives me crazy
Every time I see your face
It makes me want to sing
And every time I think about your love
It drives me crazy."
Rome "I Belong To You (Every Time I See Your Face)

Ashanti

I slipped on my white sandals, checking myself in the vanity one time before leaving my room. Teyana was already gone when I came back from work this morning. I called her, but she texted me that she was busy and would call me later. She should be leaving her office soon.

August has something planned and I trust it will be amazing. He told me casual, but to wear a dress. Reese and I are almost ready as I put some lipstick, mints, and cash in my purse. I told August to make sure I could bring my baby to wherever he's taking me because I can't just leave him here all alone on such a romantic evening. He needs a girlfriend ASAP.

While I waited for Auggie to get to my place, I twisted my ring around repeatedly. I can't help but think about that note. The way it was written suggests that it's a warning of an unknown female who's slowly creeping into August's life to destroy our relationship. I thought it was a hoax and I still do, considering I don't know who it was from and I believe my man is not stupid. Just know that if I find out the truth and I don't like it, me and August are going to have beef forever. The woman does play a part, but your man should have been thinking with his brain and not his d*ck. My phone started ringing and the caller ID showed that it was him.

"Hello?"

"I'm here, baby? Come outside."

"Wow, so you're not even coming to escort me from the door? I thought you were a gentleman." I scoffed as I gathered up my things and left the hallway light on before walking to the front door.

"My legs are a little tired."

"From what?"

"Just get your fine *ss out here, Ashanti." He instructed before cutting the line on me. Rude.

When I opened the door, August was standing right there with his hands behind his back with a jolly grin on his face.

"Liar."

"You should already know your man." We shared a kiss and Reese pounced onto him, causing him to relinquish one of his arms to hold Reese's Pieces.

"Did you bring me flowers?" I guessed that was what he was holding behind his back.

"Guess again."

"A box of chocolates?"

"One more chance."

"Keys to a new Bentley truck?" That was random, but what else other than flowers and chocolates do you buy for your girl on Valentine's Day? I tried to walk around him, so I could see what was in his hand but he kept turning like a carousel.

"Close your eyes."

"Aren't we going to be late to wherever we're going?"

"Don't worry your pretty head over that. That's for me to be worry about. Why are you asking me all these questions anyway?"

"You're acting weird!" I chuckled, closing my eyes but I tried to sneak a peep.

"Stretch out your hands." This better not be a snake or something worse. I felt a cold, object drop into my hands. I could tell it was something in a bag because of the crackling noise.