Chapter 54

"Can we go back to the days our love was strong?
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong?
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be?
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee."
Boyz II Men "On Bended Knee"

August

"And here is the finished look." I stopped typing a tweet I was coming up with and looked up from my phone to see Ashanti standing in front of me in a black dress. She showcased herself by posing in different angles like a model at a runway show.

Today is your boy's birthday and I told Queen that we were going to a place of my choice and then maybe go to the club to get our grooves on.

"Man, you're making me feel really bad

"Man, you're making me feel really bad." I stood up from the sofa and walked around her, studying her beautiful appearance. I noticed her confused face.

"Why?" She asked, applying another coat of chapstick in the mirror onto her lips. I see someone has the same idea as me.

Get those lips ready for me.

"I think we should stay here for the night." I explained and it was like I just told that I killed Reese because the way she looked at me, I should be 60 not 6 feet under.

"Did you seriously make me get dressed and shave my legs just to stay in? I've been saving these gold, red bottoms for a special occasion and I decided to bring them out tonight. Oh no honey, you've got the wrong one." Queen scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Come on, it's my birthday. You can't say no to the birthday boy." I reasoned with her as I wrapped my arms around her waist, seeing a slight frown on her face.

"Ugh!" Ashanti got out of my grip and stomped into her room. She'll get over it.

That's why I f*ck with her. If it was another female, she would've pulled out her gun or some kind of weapon to force me to take her out even though it's my birthday.

I walked into the kitchen to get something to drink. There is this bag of hot Cheetos that I've been eyeing from the living room since I got here. I didn't eat them at first because I didn't want to get no stank breath.

A n*gga forgot his mints at home.

"So, what are we are going to eat? I don't really have anything to make your favorites or a suitable meal for that matter." She commented, standing the doorway. Did I tell y'all that she put some beads there? Ashanti thought it would look cool, but I think the damn curtain is annoying.