27.

-Kai

After going off on K.O. and Keenan I went upstairs to take a nap. They were acting so nonchalant about something that was serious. K.O. could end up doing some time, regardless or not if Keenan was the best lawyer around.

I went to bed and took a nap. I woke up around 5 and checked my phone to see if I had any missed notifications. I had 3 texts from King

👑🖤: I hope you aight ma.

👑🖤: We need to talk later

👑🖤: Wake yo big head ass up ma

I smiled, my head wasn't that damn big. But I wonder what he wanted to talk to me about... I thought... maybe it was about our argument earlier... which reminded I needed to go to Walgreens and buy a plan B.

I had a meeting with a man to rent out this space for my boutique and although I had all this drama, I didn't need a baby to add into the mix.

I planned to go to the hospital and check on Jamal, even though we were broken up... he still held a spot in my heart. I at least wanted to go and pay my respect.

I put on a pair of Levi skinny jeans, a white crop top, and my white pair of double benassi Nike slides. I grabbed my white MK purse and was about to head out until K.O. stopped me.

He eyed me up and down, "Where you going sis?"

"I gotta run some errands, is that ok pops?" I said sarcastically

He laughed, "I gotta show you something, follow me" he smirked and led me outside.

In the driveway sat a all white Range Rover with a silver bow on top.

"FOR ME?!?" I shrieked running to the car.

He only laughed and dangled the keys in the air. I ran over to him, hugged him and took the keys. He knew this was my dream car! He had gifted me a Honda while I was in school because he didn't want me driving in nothing too flashy.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said and hugged him tighter. K.O. was more of a father figure than a brother. And although he got on my nerves, I loved him for it. He meant well.

I climbed into my new car and rolled off.

I made it to the hospital and luckily I found a parking spot. I went in and told the receptionist I was here to see Jamal Thompson.

She popped her gum and typed on a few keys. What was it with receptionists and they attitudes? Like bitch I didn't tell you to come into work.

"He's in room 238, here" she said handing me a visitors badge.

I took it and clipped onto my shirt as I got into the elevator and pressed the "2" button.

The elevator went up and dinged indicating that it reached the requested destination.

I got off and started looking for his room. 228, 230, 232, 234, 236, 238.. I took a deep breath and walked in. To my surprise I saw this little light skinned girl sitting next to his bed and they were laughing together.

"Umm, hey." I said

He straightened up in his bed, and the light skinned girl looked at me with a mean mug. This must've been his new hoe.. or girlfriend.

"Hey Kai, how are you?" he said

"The real question is how are you?" I replied touching his leg.

"Im alright, just a lil sore, Im glad you aight." he said staring at me

"Im glad you're okay too..."

There was an awkward silence in the room for about 2 minutes before the chick cleared her throat.