Explosion

The siblings had been taking among themselves when they heard voices shout their names

The siblings had been taking among themselves when they heard voices shout their names. They knew it would be Fox and Octavia and they hurried to them. Once they got close they both looked them over. Realization crossed the girls faces as they looked to the siblings.

"You knew?" Octavia questioned.

"I tried to get you both out of there. You didn't see the flower? The butterfly?" Lincoln said as he glanced at the two. "Nia just got back from the village. She barely found out."

"We saw it." Octavia said sternly. "Right before we found the kid your people sent to infect us. People are dying, Lincoln."

Nia and Lincoln straighten when they heard Octavia refer to their people. Nia got that she was anger but there wasn't much they could do. Lincoln walked away while Nia took a couple steps back. Fox took that as an opportunity to speak.

"Clarke sent us for the cure. Nia she said you might know it." Fox rushed out stepping closer to Nina.

"There is no cure." Nia said simply not looked at them.

"So you were just going to let my people die? You were going to let me and Fox die?" Octavia said after a moment.

Nia recoiled back. She never wanted any harm to come to Fox or Octavia but if it was what Octavia's mind was set to she would take it. Lincoln sensed her become uncomfortable and spoke to Octavia.

"The sickness passes quickly. Few are immune. We use it to soften the battlefield." He stated quickly before cupping Octavia's face. "I am not surprised that you are one of the strong ones. Nia's training a good one with you Fox. You will strong like her one day."

Fox looked at Nia who continued to look at the ground. But Octavia's voice broke that silence that had fallen among them.

"The battlefield?" She questioned.

Lincoln stood straight once more before he could speak Nia did. "They attack at first light."

The girls glanced at one another trying to figure out some kind of plan. "You have to help us save them." Octavia said hoping to convince them.

"I can't. I tried. My people think I'm a traitor now. Nia isn't because she is friends with the commander and she is second to Anya. What Nia is expected to do is fight."

The girls gazes fell on Nia as she stood silently against a wall. Octavia shook her head turning back to Lincoln. "Why do they think you're a traitor? Because of the bridge? You were just trying to make peace."

"It's not the bridge." Lincoln said looking down to her.

"Because of me." Octavia realized.

"But if you're a traitor because of Octavia, why isn't Nia because of me?" Fox questioned from her spot.