Meeting

Soon enough it was time for them to leave for the meeting

Soon enough it was time for them to leave for the meeting. Lincoln would go on foot whereas Anya had given Nia a horse. They were meeting at the bridge that crossed the river. Nia's nerves came up the closer they got to it.

Finally, their horses broke threw the trees. Nia's eyes settled on the people on the bridge. From her position on the horse she could see Lincoln standing beside Octavia with Fox by her side. Behind them stood Finn and Clarke, Clarke's face held a look of awe and Nia figured it might have been the horses.

She could that Finn was talking to Lincoln about something, Nia figured it might have been the weapons they were holding. She knew that Anya would never agree to a meeting without bringing weapons and back up but it was too late for her to warn Lincoln. Nia could see the hesitant look Clarke had before she began to walk forward.

When Clarke made her move to the middle Anya and Nia dismounted and began their walk. Movement caught her eye and she looked toward the tree line below the bridge. She was able to make out three silhouettes and she figured that Bellamy had gotten wind of the meeting and followed.

When they stopped in the middle they stayed quiet for a moment before Anya decided to speak. "Your name is Clarke?" Clarke nodded timidly before answering with a simple yes. "I'm Anya and this is Nia. She is sort of a second to me and my commander." She stated to the girl in front of her.

Clarke only nodded again before raising her hand to shake. When neither made a move to shake it she recoiled it a moment later. She took in a breath before speaking. "I think we got off to a rough start but we want to find a way to live together, in peace."

"I understand." Anya said simply. "You started a war that you don't know how to end."

"What? No. We didn't start anything." Clarke said quickly confused. "You attacked us for no reason."

"No reason." Anya said justifying their attacks from the beginning. "The missiles you launched burned a village to the ground. Nia here spent that night tending to the wounded."

Clarke glanced at Nia before looking back to Anya. "The flares? No. That was a signal meant for our families. We had no idea-"

Anya cut her off quickly. "You're invaders. Your ship landed in out territory. We would have attacked long ago but because of Nia here you have all lived so long."

Once again Clarke looked at Nia before shaking her head. "We didn't know anyone was here. We thought the ground was uninhabited."

"You knew we were here when you sent an armed raiding party to capture one of us and torture him. His sister has vouched for you since you've landed and now she tends to his wounds because of you." It was quiet for a moment as Clarke looked guilty as she recalled the event. "These are all acts of war."

Nia knew that Lincoln would not have wanted to be used as a reason for no peace. But still she remained quiet. There were no words that Nia could say that might help Anya change her mind. It would only cause Anya to see her as a traitor too.