You Took My Brother

The storm has cleared and Nia had found a place to stay hidden

The storm has cleared and Nia had found a place to stay hidden. She would stay here until she would see her brother. Nia knew that Alec would be by sooner or later and when he showed she would tell him to take her horse back.

The hundred had come out of the drop ship and started cleaning up their camp. Time had passed and passed while Nia stayed in her spot. She wanted nothing more than to go in and retrieve her brother but she knew she couldn't

Finally, she was able to see Octavia and Fox and an idea popped into her mind. Quickly she descended and she ran to the butterfly field. Carefully she picked up a butterfly and ran back to the camp.

Nia found a place with a direct path to the pair. She held out her hand and released the butterfly hoping that it flies toward the two.

She let out a breath as it flew in front of the two and hovered a bit. Octavia seemed to understand the message as she began to glance around her surroundings.

Octavia then watched as the butterfly turned and headed in the direction it emerged from. She didn't waste a moment as she hurried behind it.

Fox stared at the butterfly in amusement. She hadn't seen the butterfly field before but the insect in front of her brought back a memory. The young girl remembered her time in the cave with Nia. Fox was able to observe the girl's tattoos that were visible. But what caught her eye was the butterfly tattoo behind Nia's ear. Octavia's movement seemed to snap Fox out of her mind and she didn't hesitate to follow.

The pair ran in a direction trailing behind the butterfly.

Nia was able to see them move away from the camp and moved herself. She was able to find a place with more coverage and there she waited.

Finally, Octavia emerged. Octavia smiled at the girl before stepping forward but stopped when she saw Nia take a step back. Nia seemed uneasy and Octavia wondered why. She was able to remember a moment in the cave when she had thought she saw Nia but discarded it quickly.

"Nia what's wrong?" Octavia questioned gently.

Nia did not know what to say. She could feel the tears building as she thought of her brother. But she refused to cry. She refused to show Octavia weakness.

A rustle brought Octavia's attention behind her. Through the brush Fox emerged. Octavia stood in front of Nia quickly hoping she hadn't seen her. But when she went to speak Fox beat her only to shocked her even more.

"Nia, what are you doing here?" Fox said as she looked at Octavia. "It's not safe."

Octavia wiped her shocked face when she realized that the two had met before. "She's right Nia. If anyone else saw you, you'd be like the other grounder they have."

"That other grounder is the reason I'm here." Nia said sternly to both girls.

Both girls looked confused as they heard her words.