Chapter 12.

When I woke up the next day it was already past 12 o' clock and I was still tired. Although it wasn't that much of a surprise considering that we arrived at my flat after 5 am.

Slowly I stretched in my bed, hearing a few bones crack, and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I yawned once again, before swinging my legs over to the side and onto the floor, waddling over to the window and opening the blinds.

The brightness made me squeeze my eyes shut again for a second before I turned back around to go check on Bruce.

I opened the door to the living room quietly just in case he was still asleep, but was surprised to see the couch empty with the blanket neatly folded.

"Bruce?" I asked in confusion and furrowed my brows when I heard no answer.

"Bruce?" I called out, louder this time, but still no reply. That was when I realized he was gone.

I blankly stared at the folded blanket on the couch for a while. Somehow I was disappointed. I didn't understand why myself. He was my boss, he had been clearly uncomfortable staying here and of course he would leave at some point. Bruce Wayne was a busy man and probably had to attend some kind of meetings on a Saturday morning.

Sighing, I flopped down on the couch and pulled my legs to my chest, embracing them with my arms. Why did this make me feel so down?
Sure we had gotten along well last night, but that was literally all there was to it.

Maybe it was because he flirted with me in hopes of getting into my pants, but then I proved myself to be too stuck up and he ran right after I went to sleep in my own bed.

Deciding not to feel down about my boss trying to get into my pants and then sneaking out of my flat when I was trying to be nice, I got up and went to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast.

Just when I was done brewing myself some hot, steaming coffee my doorbell rang and I groaned, not willing to get up again just yet. Of course I did anyway and made my way over to the door with my cup in my hand, so the intruder knew that I didn't like him disturbing my day.

When I opened the door I was surprised to find Bruce leaning against the wall next to my door.

"Bruce?" I asked in disbelief, not sure why he was back here when he had obviously already left.

"Why are you looking so surprised?" He chuckled and I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm just wondering why you're here..." I shrugged and he held up a bag with fresh bakery goods.

"Oh, ok. Come in." I grinned, stepped aside to let him through and into my apartment.

I scanned his outfit as he took off his shoes. He had definitely stopped by his apartment before he came back here. So why?

"You actually came just at the right time. I just finished making coffee." I teased him and led him over to the kitchen where I grabbed another mug.

"Perfect." He smiled and I looked over to him while filling his cup.

"Sugar? Milk?"

"Just plain black, please." He replied and I handed him the cup.

Then I sat back down on my chair and put some sugar in my own coffee.

"So, what's the real reason you came back?" I asked while grabbing a croissant out of the bag and looked at him with curiosity in my eyes.

"Straight to the point? Really? We're not even going to eat breakfast first?" He questioned me and I shook my head, a smile playing on my lips.

"I appreciate you providing me with these delicious pastries, but I know that you didn't leave this flat just to surprise me with them. Let alone after you already went home to change your clothes." I told him while dipping my croissant in a bit of marmalade.

Bruce looked down at his clothes for a second, then looked back up at me.

"I guess that was quite obvious..." He mumbled and pushed his slightly gelled hair back.

"Then let me get straight to the point. A little bird told me that you only rented that dress you wore yesterday. Since I asked Alfred to buy you these dresses, I took care of the problem this morning."

When he said that my mouth dropped wide open and I put my croissant back down.

"You bought it?"

"Of course." He shrugged and grabbed a bread roll for himself.

"You realize that I had my reasons for declining your offer of buying it for me?" I insisted and he looked up at me for a second.

"Of course, but I can't buy Ms. Rodriguez a dress and borrow one for you. At least you should be treated equally."

"I mean, that's true, but I really can't accept such a big present."

"Take it as a company present." He retorted and I raised my eyebrows.

"No, I can't, I'm sorry. I'll return it to the shop today."

"Come on. There are a lot more things more worthwhile we could do instead of caring about that dress."

If my mouth hadn't been wide open already, it would be now.

"Wh-What?" I stammered, not sure if I heard him right.

Bruce raised his arms in defence.

"This wasn't what I was trying to say at all. I meant other things like going out for lunch, watching a movie, stuff like that..."

Despite his words being misunderstood, he still managed to clear it up smoothly and I was once again left dumbfounded and amazed by his

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I blurted out, not sure if he was actually being serious about this.

"Yes."

____________________________________________

Just a small update, but this time a bit earlier than usual.
I hope you guys enjoy it and sorry it ended at this point, but you know cliffhanger and stuff.