The True Form

"She's actually more dangerous when off the court then on the court itself." - Momoi Satsuki

* * * *

For the first time ever, Kuroko Tamaki couldn't be any more relieved when the buzzer signalling the end of the first half of the game between Seirin and Touou Academy went off, with the score at 46-48, with Touou in the lead.

This game is really not good for her heart.

Riko had placed Tamaki on the bench for the first half of the game, sending Koganei out for the first half instead, much to Tamaki's annoyance, but she understood Riko's reasoning. Hell, Tamaki is the one who had spent countless nights coming up with all the strategies to use against Touou Academy, and had watched and re-watched countless match videos of Touou Academy that Riko had somehow managed to get her hands on.

It sometimes helps by being the daughter of a world renowned trainer who also used to be a member of Japan's National team.

The teal haired girl is itching to get on the court, but she knew that she could help her team better by just surveying Touou Academy and study just how much they have improved from the last time when they have faced them during the Inter High.

Last time, Satsuki and Touou had an advantage that they don't; Satsuki had researched them thoroughly, and thus, every single team member of Touou Academy knew just what each player of Seirin is capable of, and what they could do. And at that point in time, Tamaki hadn't revealed her skill and talent in strategising yet.

Besides, Touou had never faced Tamaki in an actual match before. Sure, Imayoshi and Sakurai have been to a few of their matches ever since the Winter Cup tournament had begun, but they have never faced her for real, so she might have a slight advantage over them that the rest of her teammates doesn't.

Furthermore, not even Aomine knew just what Tamaki had learned during the break when she'd gone to seek out training from Kashitori Kenta and Nijimura Shuzo – two of the few people in the world who actually know what she's capable of and what she could do, and know just what to do with her training.

"We will now be taking a break. The third quarter will begin in ten minutes."

"Tamaki-chan." Riko spoke from next to her even as the entire Seirin team got ready to head back to their changing room to rest up and recharge themselves and their stamina for the next half of the game. "Are you ready? Have you seen what you need to?"

Tamaki closed her eyes briefly for several seconds.

"...Yeah. I'm ready."

* * * *

"That bastard better be all right." Wakamatsu Kousuke scowled to himself as the entire Touou team minus Aomine and plus Momoi made their way towards their changing room slowly, ready to recharge their stamina for the next half of the game.

The blonde still remembered how Kagami Taiga had actually managed to block Aomine's Formless Shot, and how he had moved faster and attacked more aggressively than anyone had even anticipated.

"Don't worry about him." Imayoshi waved off Wakamatsu's concerns. "Aomine was playing his best, but he hasn't shown all his cards." The rest of the team could only stare at their captain, startled. That earlier was Aomine not at full power? Just how much stronger could he be? "You'll understand once the second half starts. No one can beat him."

Wakamatsu blinked at Imayoshi in confusion. "Well, if you say so," he mumbled. "But what is with Seirin benching their Generation of Miracles' member anyway?" He frowned, recalling that teal haired girl on the bench. "Shouldn't they need her on the court?"