With liberty and justice!

(Brent's POV)

He woke up, loosely tied to a tree.

He looked around and saw Lysle asleep.

Wiggling free, Judas "escaped" and I followed, having charged and serviced the power pack for my suit.

The cloaking system has a failsafe in that it can only be used until the power reduces to 90% then it shuts off automatically to prevent amplified power drain.

The lower the power level, the faster it's consumed.

The company couldn't find a way to fix the issue other than the failsafe.

I'd estimated a full cloak run time of 6 hours before the failsafe kicks in.

The original runtime was 8 hours but, I worried that age may have affected the power pack.

As I followed Judas, the suit mapped out the area as we moved.

An hour and forty minutes later, we arrived at a gated commune.

Two people opened the gate and two others watched for anything suspicious.

One asked Judas what happened.

"You know that I can't talk about it until I speak with Mr. Clinton." Judas said.

As he entered, I followed and drew my .45-70 revolver.

I threaded on the suppressor as I followed Judas to an obscure building in the back corner.

I wouldn't have guessed that the leader of a compound would be holed up in a tiny shack.

Maybe that was his plan.

All those years of Call of Duty, airsoft and paintball.

I still thought that killing a person would bother me more than it does.

As soon as Judas addressed Dante Clinton, I shot him in the neck, covering the wall behind him with blood and chunks.

I then shot Judas.

Unthreading the suppressor, I put it away and holstered the revolver.

Then, I tied a length of cord to my hip carabiner and tied the other end around Clinton's ankle before turning off the cloak system.

I grabbed my shotgun, flipped the selector to three round burst and kicked the steel door and frame off of the shack.

I shot anyone with a weapon, dragging their leader behind me as the suit's movement assist system kept me from feeling any weight at all.

More people came running to see what was happening and the possibility of a hostage situation was looking grim.

"Move out of the way or I'll shoot through you!" I demanded.

They ran for cover.

"Thank God that worked."

I kept going and a vehicle rounded a corner, barreling toward me as the occupants opened fire.

I twisted the barrel to full choke, flipped the selector to full and sustained fire at the driver.

The first shot breached the glass and killed him.

The vehicle veered sharply, as the driver slumped, and careened into a building.

I went throughout the compound, loosing those who were in chains.

"Does anyone know when the people arrive to buy?" I asked.

"They come at sundown." A woman said.

"Alright! Help get this place cleaned up.