Recovery.

The damage to my lung was healed but, I still lost a lot of blood.

On top of that, I had blood in my lung that I was still coughing up a week later.

The tournament was postponed but dad tells me that I was declared the winner of my match, due to extenuating circumstances.

The judges had decided that, since Nathan drew a loaded firearm and shot me, me being able to blast him out of the ring with magic nullified the rules that were initially violated.

Dad says that the judges were trying to save face but that I was still standing in the ring and "no holds barred" does permit death matches.

The rules violated?

"Arena grounds rules.

No firearms.
No magic.
No cameras.
No outside food or drinks.
No soliciting.
No loitering.

There may not have been any fighting rule violations but, there were for the arena rules.

The championship matches resume in one month.

When I was cleared to leave the hospital, a week after the incident, dad came and carried me out.

There was a crowd of people at the entrance and they all started asking questions.

Dad covered my ears and eyes with one hand and shouted at them to move.

They did and he walked out to where his truck was parked.

Lysle was in the driver's seat, holding a long barreled submachine gun that had a muzzle break and a drum magazine.

His eyes were glowing red.

Mom had, apparently, stayed at the hotel with my brothers and sisters.

Dad sat me on the seat and Lysle grabbed me.

"You won't like this, Josie."

He turned me upside down and squeezed my ribs with my head over a bucket.

His claws dug into my sides.

The air was forced from my lungs and I screamed in agony...

Then, nearly a scotch glass worth of blood poured from my nose and mouth as my vision darkened and blurred.

He let me breathe in and I started coughing and crying.

There were tiny silver and white spots in the bucket.

I quickly realized that Lysle was helping me, not trying to crush me.

"Those healers should learn how to remove bullet and bone fragments before healing someone..." Lysle growled.

He squeezed me again and more blood came out with more fragments.

He let me breathe in again.

"...dad..." I barely managed to say before I went into a fit of coughing.

I felt like I might pass out.

When I was able to breathe normally again, Lysle pulled me up to sit next to him.

"I am so sorry that you had to suffer me injuring you but, I had to get the lead out of your body or you'd have died anyway.

Lead poisoning is no laughing matter."

He said as his eyes still glowed.

"Looks like everything was removed." He sighed, hugging me.

"You'll be alright, now."

"You're an anti-healer?" I asked weakly.

"No. My powers are magic surgery and healing."

I looked at my dad and his face was pale and clammy.