21

21
Kairo

Kairo felt like he was high on life. He finally got his girl back, business was booming again, he got a new car, a new phone, he finally recovered from the shooting, everything was going so good for him right now but he knew life had a way of switching up fast. He just hoped that no matter what, Sevyn was always in his life. He was in love with her and he wasn't afraid to say it either.

Kairo placed the money in the money counter and watched it count the money. Him and D were in the trap house, counting money.

"Shit we paid." I said as I read the number on the money counter.

"Hell yeah." Was all D said. He couldn't put his finger on it but D had been acting weird as fuck lately and he wondered if it was beef with him.

"Yo, we cool?" I asked him.

"What you mean?"

"Shit I don't know, you been acting like it's beef lately ever since I got out the hospital. I mean I know we had our differences but I thought that shit was squashed?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Ask your girl." Was all he said, nonchalantly. Fuck he mean by that?

"Yo fuck you on, D? What my girl got to do with anything?" I clenched my teeth, ready to punch the shit out of this nigga for even bringing up Sevyn for no reason. This nigga always in his feelings.

D stared me down, refusing to back down. "Ask your girl why while you was laid in a hospital bed, she was letting me play in her pussy. Ask her that nigga and before you get aggressive with me, go check your bitch." D got up and walked out the door, slamming it behind him, leaving me to ponder on what he just said. What the fuck was he talking about?

I gathered all the money that we were just counting and tied rubber bands around them. I walked over to our safe, and put the code in to open it. Once it opened, I placed the money in it and locked it back. Fuck was this nigga talking about? I swung the door opened and slammed it behind me, using the key to lock the door and headed to my car. I hopped in the car and started it, pulling off towards Sevyn's school and the other question that I kept asking myself in my head was what the fuck was D talking about?

I finally got to her school and parked where I usually park, taking the key out of the ignition and grabbing my phone. I searched for her contact and called her. "Hello." She answered on the second ring.

"Come outside. I'm outside." I said sternly, hanging up the phone. I threw it in the middle console. I finally saw Sevyn walking out of the building and towards my car. I couldn't lie she was looking fine as fuck but I brushed that out of my head as she hopped into the car, smiling, trying to hug me. I used my arm to block her. She sat back in her seat and I could see the disappointment on her face.

"Is everything okay, Kairo?" I ignored her question and clenched my teeth. I didn't think Sevyn would do any foul ass shit but people gon be people, that's one thing he learned with his ex. Can't put shit past nobody. Here he was out here being faithful to her and she was playing in his fucking face. I was fucking pissed right now.

"You got something to tell me?"

She looked at me, confused as if she was trying to figure out what I was talking about but I wasn't up for her games. "Sevyn, I swear to God I'm not up for the bullshit. Do you have something to tell me?" I repeated.