10

10
Sevyn

Summer break was finally over and Sevyn wasn't really excited to start going back to classes. She enjoyed her summer break. Kairo and her had been spending so much time together and she was starting to catch feelings. She just didn't know what it was about him that drew her to him, he was so different. He even took her on a date and bought her things. Sevyn smiled as she played with the necklace around her neck that Kairo bought her awhile back. She hated that she didn't know what he did for a living but he always seemed to have money. Sevyn asked him about that part of his life so many times but he would always try to change the subject. She hated that.

Sevyn's 6am alarm went off as she sat up in the bed. Diamond was still sleeping. Sevyn had a 7am class that she hated so fucking much. She hated getting up at 6am to get ready, it took her a whole hour to get ready.

Sevyn grabbed her things and headed to the bathroom to get ready. She locked her dorm door behind her.

After taking a shower and brushing her teeth, Sevyn headed back to her dorm room to get dressed. Noticing that Diamond was still sleep, I tried to be quiet. I finished up and headed out the door, locking the door behind me. My class was on the other side of campus.

Making my way to the other side of the campus, I walked through the double doors as other students were holding the door open as we all piled into the building. I thanked the guy that held the door for me and made my way to class.

Stepping into my class, I noticed there were only a few students here. "Goodmorning, Sevyn." My professor, Valerie greeted me.

"Goodmorning." I muttered as I made my way to my seat. I l sat my purse down on the table and placed my book bag on the back of my chair. I was majoring in Early Childhood but I still had to take general studies classes also. This was a math class I was in at the moment. I normally tuned the professor out.

More students began to pile in just as the bell rang. Professor greeted everybody as everyone went to take their seats. "Goodmorning class, let's get out our notebooks. Note time." Everyone groaned as they searched for their notebooks. Sevyn grabbed her notebook out of her book bag and a pen and zipped it back up, turning around opening her notebook to prepare to write.

"I hate this fucking class." The girl, Millie sitting beside me whispered to me as Professor started talking. Millie and Sevyn would talk from time to time in class. She was pretty cool.

"Me too." We both rolled our eyes at the same time, and began to listen to Professor again. I tuned Professor out as I began to write the notes in my notebook that she was writing on the board.

Derrick

Derrick couldn't lie, he was starting to miss the fuck out of Sevyn. He'd been chilling with Nia a lot more to get his mind off of things but she just wasn't doing it for him. The sex was good but that was it. She didn't have any of the qualities that Sevyn had and he honestly regretted treating Sevyn the way he did. He shut her out when it came to a lot of things, especially when it came to his job. Sevyn knew he was a drug dealer but she didn't know he was calling shots. She didn't know he was really out here making money. He tried to keep Sevyn away from anything that had to do with his business. That's the main reason he never brought her to his condo, because then she'd start asking questions. The only thing he was hiding from her was his business, nothing more. He just wanted to protect her. She didn't need to get wrapped up in this shit.

Derrick took a pull from his blunt and exhaled the smoke. He was in his office in the trap, basically a ducked off location that the team met to discuss business. Nobody knew about this location but the people that worked for him.

"Yo, D." Kairo walked into my office just as I took another pull of my blunt. "Nigga, I got word out on them niggas that was shooting at us the other day."

Derrick rubbed his hands together, excited to know who would be brave enough to try to rob him. He was about to start aiming at niggas heads. "Talk to me, Kairo."

Kairo took a seat in the office chair across from me. "I heard it's some nigga named Chapo that sent them niggas. Niggas out here feeling like your business doing too good and they ain't having that. They ain't gonna stop till they get what they want either."

"Niggas done fucked up. It's war then."

"Shit I'm down for whatever, know me." Kairo dapped me up and I nodded in approval.

I took another pull from my blunt, laying back in my chair and rubbing my head. Sevyn was on my mind heavy as fuck right now.

"Fuck you stressing for, my nigga? We gon find these niggas." Kairo said, thinking I was stressing about what he just told me.

"Shit I ain't even trippin about that." Was all I said.

"Then why you in here looking like you lost your bestfriend nigga?"

Cause I did.

Derrick contemplated on telling Kairo what was going on inside his head but the couple months that they've been working together, Derrick did consider Kairo as someone he could trust and he fucked with the way he did business too. I leaned up and exhaled the smoke.

"Man, I'm not even gon cap to you gang. Me and my shawty ain't on good terms and I miss her forreal."

"That shit gonna play itself out, gang. Keep your head up. If it's real, it'll come back." Kairo told me. "I'm bout to get up out of here though, hit my line if you need me."

"Fa sho'." I dapped him up and he walked out of my office, closing the door behind him.

I grabbed for my cellphone in the drawer. I took it out and searched for Sevyn's number in my contacts. I pressed call. It rung and rung and rung and rung. It went to voicemail.

I smacked my teeth and threw the phone across the desk. It landed on the floor. "Fuck!"