16

16
Kairo

Kairo stepped off of the plane with D and looked around, scoping out their surroundings. They were in Miami on a business trip. Their connect, Draco said he needed them to fly out for whatever reason. They still don't know what they were here for. All Draco told them is that he needed them to fly out asap. Kairo and D searched around for the car Draco told them he was sending them when they heard. "Ayo, hop in." It was Draco's son, Jax telling them to get in the car. Kairo had met Jax one other time before when they came down for a business trip but other than that he didn't know too much about him. Kairo and D put their luggage in the trunk, and hopped in the car.

"Shit, fuck you niggas been on?" He dapped them up as he pulled away from the airport.

"Can't call it." Me and D said in unison.

"I feel it, I feel it."

Finally, Jax pulled up in front of the a hotel that we'd be staying in. We said our goodbyes and grabbed our luggage, walking into the hotel. Jax pulled off.

Walking up to the desk, Kairo followed behind D. "I got a reservation." He said, telling the lady at the desk.

"What's the last name?" She asked.

"Williams." He told her. She typed something into the computer and handed him two hotel keys. She thanked him and we got onto the elevator. D pressed a button and waited for the doors to open. When it opened, they stepped onto the elevator. The elevator went up and dinged when it reached their floor. They stepped out of the elevator and D searched for the room number. He found it and they headed in that direction. D handed me a key card and opened the door with the one he had in his hand. They stepped into the room and Kairo closed the door behind them. Kairo looked around the room to see that the room they were standing in had one bed, a mini fridge, a tv, a bathroom and a sink. It was a decent size and they got a smoking room. Good cause a nigga needed to smoke like right now. Kairo saw that there was a door connecting another room to the room they were standing in.

"Shit you can pick which one you want." D said, while I walked through the connecting door noticing that the rooms were identical. He decided to take the this one.

"Shit I'll take this one." Kairo yelled from the other room, rolling his suitcase into the room.

"Bet my G."

Kairo sat down on the bed, closing the connected door. He opened his suitcase and searched for his weed. He snuck his weed on the plane in an Arizona can that looked just like an Arizona can but it wasn't. It was something to hide weed in. He got it from the smoke shop back home. He screwed off the bottom, pulling his weed and lighter out of the can and screwed it back on. He placed the can on the table beside the bed. He rolled up and lit the blunt. Taking a puff of the blunt, he sat back on the bed, thinking about Sevyn. It had been a week since he spoke to her. She wouldn't answer his calls for shit. He couldn't lie, a nigga was hurt. He didn't want anybody else but Sevyn but she didn't believe that. She wouldn't even let him explain himself. I reached into my bag pulling out the necklace I gave her awhile back. He held it in his hand and smiled. It helped him when he missed her. Made him feel like she was still around. He placed the necklace on the table and grabbed the ashtray that was already in the room. He ashed his blunt and grabbed his phone, calling Sevyn. He knew she probably wouldn't answer but it was worth the try.

It rang three times before he heard her voice on the other line. "What Omari?" She called me by my real name but I didn't care, I was just glad she answered.

"I miss you." I said.

I heard her sigh. "Look Kairo, can you please stop calling me? Where's Shay?" He heard the attitude in her voice, wondering how she even knew who Shay was. Did they know each other?

"Mama I swear it wasn't what it looked like."

"So you kissing another bitch isn't what it looked like? Sure Kairo, look just stop calling me. We're done." She hung up before I could even respond. I wanted to scream to the top of my fucking lungs. I tossed my phone on the bed and pulled my blunt again, looking for the remote. I found it and searched for something to watch on tv.

-

Kairo and D sat in Draco's office, wondering what they were here for.

"Gentleman, I must let you know that I've been robbed. I'm not sure who's trying to bring my organization down but I must let you know that business will be slowing up until I can re-up on product. When I figure out what's going on, trust I will handle whoever did this but until then what you have is all you have right now." Draco explained.

"Understood." D said.

"I'll keep yall updated."

"Bet." D said as we got up and walked out of his office. Neither one of us were excited about the news that we just heard but Draco has been loyal to us since day one so they would hold it down. We searched around for Jax, he was driving them around while they were in Miami. They found him, and hopped in the car. Jax dropped them off at their hotel and they thanked him, hopping out of the car and he sped off down the street. They took the elevator back up to their room. D unlocked the door and they stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

"Damn man, this shit gon hurt us too." D said, sitting down on the bed.

"Man Draco gon figure that shit out, he always do. He been loyal to us so we gotta hold this shit down till he get right."

"No doubt, my nigga." We dapped each other up and I opened the door to my hotel room. "Shit imma holla at you in the morning though, a nigga boutta catch some Zs."

"Fa so'." D said as I walked into my hotel room, closing the door. I turned the light on and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. I washed up, and walked back into the room to get dressed. I climbed into the bed. I turned the light off and pulled the cover over my body, falling asleep.