12

12
Kairo

Kairo saw the way D looked at Sevyn when he walked into his living room. Next thing he knew, D was pointing a gun at his head and Kairo was pointing his back. Kairo had a stare down with D until he finally lowered his gun, threatened him and left.

Kairo was beyond irritated, considering he just got shot at and then this nigga come in his house placing guns to head for whatever reason. It took Kairo a minute to figure it out but he finally put 2 and 2 together, figuring that Sevyn knew him and this had to do something with her because he was cool until they saw each other. He even noticed Sevyn's demeanor change aswell once she saw D.

Kairo stormed into the bedroom, packing a bag. Sevyn kept trying to talk to him but he was pissed, especially since she's the reason this nigga just held a gun to his head. He didn't take shit like being threatened lightly but for the sake of keeping Sevyn safe, he didn't react like he normally would've but now he knew when he seen D again that it was up.

He yanked his house key and his car key off the dresser. They walked out the house and got into his car. He started the car and drove in the direction of a familiar hotel he used to stay at when he needed to lay low. If niggas found out where he laid his head, it couldn't be good. He normally didn't allow anyone to know where he laid his head, but he decided to let D come over and talk business because he felt like he could trust him. Boy was he wrong though.

Kairo finally pulled up in front of the hotel and hopped out of the car, locking the doors, while leaving Sevyn in the car. He was still mad at her but he still was gonna make sure she was safe.

He walked over to the office and paid for a week's stay and grabbed the 2 hotel keys from the man. He thanked him and headed back to his car. He drove around to the back of the hotel and parked the car once he found the room number. He took the key out of the ignition and grabbed the bag from the back seat that he threw back there when he got in the car. He told Sevyn to come on and they hopped out the car. He locked the car doors and they made their way to the room. He unlocked the door with one of the key cards and stepped into the room, closing the door behind them. Sevyn turned the lights on but he turned them back off, checking around the room to make sure it wasn't bugged. He didn't see any red lights, indicating that there were any cameras in the room so he told her to turn the lights back on. He sat down on the bed and stared into space for a little while, finally turning to her and asking her...

"So you care to tell me what's going on?"

Kairo watched as Sevyn came and sat beside him on the bed. He got a room with one bed, considering that Sevyn would probably be staying in her dorm room most of his stay. It was fine if she wanted to stay with him but it's not like they never slept together so he figured one bed was fine, especially since he didn't plan on being here long.

"That's my ex." She said, barely above a whisper. I thought I heard her but I just needed to make sure I heard her correctly.

"Huh?" I said, turning around to face her.

"That's my ex." She said a little louder now, playing with her fingers, looking down at the floor as if she was nervous. I heard her correctly that time.

"Y'all must be still fucking for a nigga to be holding guns to my head like he crazy."

She shook her head no. "We're not, Kairo. I swear."