Chapter 17.5 - Master of the Mansion (2)

A/N: Time to spit out another chapter b4 I go to sleep :3

————-

The voice belonged to the scarred man she had met a year ago during Tanjiro's training with Urokodaki. She still recalled that annoying voice. Her golden eyes widened slightly as she realised what he was holding. Nezuko's box. He was holding Nezuko's box. Both relief and worry washed over her as she tried to stay calm.

„What in the world did you Idiots think, huh?"

Sanemi sneered. His voice was cocky, almost provocative. He was slightly taken aback as he realised who he was speaking to. He didn't recognise the boy. But he knew the woman. He had seen her before. That night.. a year ago. When she had vanished into thin air right in front of his eyes. Sanemi was sure she was a demon all this time but.. now she was sitting in the sunlight. And her restrains where torn, the ropes lying beneath her feet. A Kakushi quickly ran up to him.

„P-Please wait Mr. Shinazugawa! No one is allowed to touch this box!"

Y/N was ready to move, yet she didn't want to give them an opening to attack the injured Tanjiro.

„Listen Sanemi, you can't just do what you w-"

Shinobu was interrupted by Y/N. Her voice was laced with Venom, almost a hiss.

„Put that box down. Right now."

Sanemi gave her a wide grin. How interesting. So she wasn't a demon after all.

„And what will you do if I don't? Huh? Yell at me? And what did you say earlier, boy? That the demon could fight as a slayer? What amazing ideas you have.. That's absolutely ridiculous!"

His hand grabbed the handle of his sword, pulling out the blade. Just as he was about to stab the box with Nezuko inside, Y/N dashed forward, swinging her leg backwards and kicking him into the stomach with full force.

„Stop! Our Master will be here soon!"

Giyuu's voice. Sanemi's sword fell too the ground with a clattering noise. The wind pillar flew backwards and crashed right into the tree Obanai was laying in, leading the snake pillar to tumble out of the branches and land on the ground. Y/N now held the box, rushing back to Tanjiro and placing the box behind him. Gaze stern as she looked over to the tree. It was neatly cracked in half, the wind pillar laying in front of it, holding his head.

„You little whore.. I'll fucking kill you for this!"

A small giggle could be heard from Mitsuri, the other Hashira just staring at Y/N wide eyed. She had just managed to catch one of their strongest members of guard AND attack him. And that attack wasn't weak. It cracked a whole tree and it wasn't even a direct kick. A small curse could be heard from Obanai as he got up, not bothering to help Sanemi up. He glared daggers at Y/N, who simply ignored him. She still stood infront of Nezuko's box and Tanjiro.

„The Master has arrived."

Two voices spoke in unison before another voice spoke.

„It's great to have you here, my beloved children."

The voice was gentle and soft, almost making Y/N sleepy. The man it came from was not tall, he was of average height. He had dark hair and.. a purple scar over the upper side of his face?

„Good morning. What a lovely day for our meeting, is it not? I'm sure the sky is a beautiful blue today.. but what makes me even happier.. is that no one is missing."

The woman turned around, now looking at the Hashira's so called Master. He looked pale and sickly, yet, somehow he had a calming presence. His voice alone made her feel welcomed. Feeling a gust of wind by her side, she immediately pulled Tanjiro away, keeping Sanemi from taking him out of her grasp. She raised an eyebrow as she saw the other Hashira kneel in front of the newcomer. She wanted to grant him her respect, so she lightly bowed her head while Tanjiro got on his knees as well. She got an enraged stare from Sanemi and Obanai but didn't care enough to make a ruckus now.